+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 181 FirstFirst ... 80130170171172173174175176177178179180181 LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1801
Like Tree2215Likes

Thread: Girl Talk

Re: Girl Talk

Thanks for the tip! Added them to my cart!
    momrek06 and navybelle like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I got some hydrating collagen eye pads in my Birchbox a bit ago, but didn't try them because they had to be on for 20 minutes or so, and I just never took the time. Well, once I did, I didn't really have high expectations for them. I just thought they'd be a novelty, nice to try but nothing to write home about. Was I wrong! I just LOVED them, and they actually worked to make the skin around my eyes look younger! I am serious, I actually noticed a difference, and was shocked. I'm not usually one to believe all the claims, but holy cow. They were made of a gel-type material, very wiggly and cool to the touch. I had to recline or they would have slid off, it seemed.

I have all kinds of serums and hydrators, and they're nice. But these eye pads did something that those other products never did! I wondered how long it would last, so I quick followed up with those other serums to hopefully extend the effects. I don't have serious lines/crows feet, so I don't know how it would work on them, but I loved how it worked on my fine lines. Yes, it's a temporary effect, not like plastic surgery or anything, of course, but that's the same as all my creams, hand lotion, body lotion, etc. When your skin is dry, nothing can fix it for good, but the relief is nice for a while!

Then I noticed Brandi wearing her eye pads all the time on Big Brother, and I understand why (though I myself wouldn't want to be on TV wearing these)! They're awesome. Hers didn't look like the gel type though, and probably cost a lot more. These are about $18 for a pack of five pairs. They're made by Wilma Schumann if anyone's interested. I highly recommend giving them a try - in fact I did recommend them to my friend and she loves them too!

navybelle, I did see Brandi with them on!!! THANKS, I might like to try them myself!!!
    navybelle likes this.
    KAREN

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

The eye pads Brandi was wearing, looked like flawless by Friday. They are gold in colour..they work pretty well..

https://www.flawlessbyfriday.com/products/mesmereyes
    momrek06 and navybelle like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was at an event last month and got roped into trying some skin care products. I told her that she would NOT be taking any of my makeup off - I mean, I'm not then walking around with no makeup on, say, half of my face because she put some cream on the other side - and she promised she wouldn't. She ended up using this under-eye gel that removes puffiness. Well, I was as shocked as anyone when it actually worked! She used it on one side only and it was very noticeable. I don't actually have much of a problem with bagginess under the eyes, but even a woman I was chatting with a while later looked and commented on the difference. Then the saleswoman went in for the big sell, even though I'd told her I was there on a buying trip for my business and am on a tight budget (understatement!). She then talked about how they had a special show discount if you bought three products together - it was $500 off Seriously W.T.F? The "special" price was around $1,000. Good grief. I don't care if the stuff does work. That's more than I pay in rent!

My mom said I should be flattered that she thought I looked like someone who could afford to spend that much on eye cream I countered that she probably thought I looked like an easy mark!

If anyone is curious, the brand is Vine Vero. Apparently, they're known for high-pressure sleazy salespeople at kiosks where you'll get fleeced, but the products themselves have pretty good reviews.

I'll stick with "wrinkies and frownies" and retinol cream
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I was at an event last month and got roped into trying some skin care products. I told her that she would NOT be taking any of my makeup off - I mean, I'm not then walking around with no makeup on, say, half of my face because she put some cream on the other side - and she promised she wouldn't. She ended up using this under-eye gel that removes puffiness. Well, I was as shocked as anyone when it actually worked! She used it on one side only and it was very noticeable. I don't actually have much of a problem with bagginess under the eyes, but even a woman I was chatting with a while later looked and commented on the difference. Then the saleswoman went in for the big sell, even though I'd told her I was there on a buying trip for my business and am on a tight budget (understatement!). She then talked about how they had a special show discount if you bought three products together - it was $500 off Seriously W.T.F? The "special" price was around $1,000. Good grief. I don't care if the stuff does work. That's more than I pay in rent!

My mom said I should be flattered that she thought I looked like someone who could afford to spend that much on eye cream I countered that she probably thought I looked like an easy mark!

If anyone is curious, the brand is Vine Vero. Apparently, they're known for high-pressure sleazy salespeople at kiosks where you'll get fleeced, but the products themselves have pretty good reviews.

I'll stick with "wrinkies and frownies" and retinol cream
    Critical, I decided to check out their site.

Ohhhh la la..........fancy!!!

They have stores WORLD WIDE!!!

I def do not have the "purse" for these products BUT the site is fun to look at!!!

https://www.vinevera.com
    Critical likes this.
    KAREN

That stuff would have to make me look 20 again for me to drop 1K on face cream.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    That stuff would have to make me look 20 again for me to drop 1K on face cream. :lo
    RIGHT!? And Idris Elba or Charlie Hunnam would be there to apply it TWICE daily!
    waywyrd, beerbelly and PGM35 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wilma Schumann eye pads on sale at this site

https://sophiescosmetics.com/product...waAmuOEALw_wcB
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    That stuff would have to make me look 20 again for me to drop 1K on face cream.
    And then I still wouldn't!
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    And then I still wouldn't!
    Not unless I could rub it all over my body . . . in lieu of gastric bypass, working out, and plastic surgery.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread