+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2188Likes

Thread: Girl Talk

Re: Girl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    too thrifty to throw out anything which might be useful in the future.
    I was thinking recently about those three dangerous words to those of us with extra storage space...You Never Know!

Surely, at some point you are old enough that you do know. I'm pretending that I do know as I go through stuff that needs disappearing.
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I live by myself in a 3-bedroom house. All my closets are full. ;^)
    I'm about to start using the spare room's closet.
    Brooks and Cornholio like this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I'm about to start using the spare room's closet.
    I've been here 25 years. I haven't found my spare room yet.
    PGM35 likes this.

LOL - well when my extra 250lbs of weight left, I gained that spare room back and extra closet space it was using! hahaha!
    waywyrd, Critical and Cornholio like this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

I don't have a spare anything around here. I love my little house, but I do wish it had a garage or an extra closet or a Room of Requirement! It's really forced me to let go of things. I sat on the floor in front of the closet yesterday and said to myself over and over again, "You haven't worn these shoes in over TEN years. Get rid off them." I did rediscover a few pairs that I loved and now will start wearing again, but a lot got tossed or put in a box for the Goodwill. Oh, but I did save the shoes I wore when I was the maid of honor in my bff's wedding. I might not wear them again, but I just couldn't get rid of them.

My last place had closets galore and, when I moved, I realized how much crap I'd just tossed into closets because I was too lazy to take it to the dumpster. SO MANY little boxes from Amazon and bubble wrap and clothing that needed to be tossed/donated. Instead, I just put them in a closet and closed the door = problem solved!

I'd be thrilled to have a coat closet - that would solve A LOT of problems for me - but alas, I don't. Instead, I'm culling the herd!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

Congrats on getting that done, Critical!

Doesn't it feel great to get rid of that old stuff that you haven't used in years & probably will never use again? I have a condo with pretty generous closet space, which enables me to hang onto stuff that I should let go of. Last winter, I bit the bullet & cleaned out my bedroom closet. I had clothes in there I hadn't worn in 10 years1! Ridiculous.

Stuff had been hanging in there so long, it all needed to be washed before it could be given away/donated.

I gave a lot of clothes to my younger son's g.f., who's my size & gave some other clothes to our building cleaning lady, who's a a single mom w/a deadbeat ex-hubby who rarely pays her anything to support his daughter!

Everything else went to Goodwill (as I remember, I hauled about 4 - 33 gal. trash bags full to them)!

Last month, I cleaned out my linen closet & gave lots of things to family & friends. I donated some of the most worn out towels & blankets to an animal shelter. I'd heard they're always looking for those for the animal cages.

I have to laugh at myself. For a couple of days after I was done, I'd open the closets a few times a day, just to admire my work!
    Punkin, Arielflies and PGM35 like this.
    I've been to the puppet show and seen the strings.

FORT Newbie

LOL - well when my extra 250lbs of weight left, I gained that spare room back and extra closet space it was using! hahaha!
    WOW!! 250 lbs. Kudos to you on that stunning accomplishment!!!
    Brooks likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dancinfool View Post
    WOW!! 250 lbs. Kudos to you on that stunning accomplishment!!!
    It was a joke - I got divorced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Punkin, Brooks and causingchaos like this.

It was a joke - I got divorced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still a stunning accomplishment.

I've only lived one place that didn't have built ins and walk in closets (by sheer luck) over the years. Most of the places I've lived have been old. I have a spare room now but it doesn't have much in it and I don't use it a lot other than for some furniture and vacuums. The dog sleeps in there a lot and has tore up the carpet. My basement and a weird linen closet has been my catch all for stuff. Every couple years I de-hoard some. I did a deep dehoard of the linen closet this past month. That felt good. tossed out two sets of hot curler things that I never use. I wish honestly I had more garage space and some of these tools I keep in the house could go live out there.

+ Reply to Thread