+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2188Likes

Thread: Girl Talk

Re: Girl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I never have any handbags WORTH selling online! I think if I spent that kind of money on a purse, it would be on something I'd keep forever.

Our Alaskan cruise is less than two months away, so what better time to shop for more scarves? I got some basic cashmere pashminas - nice size to double as a little blanket/wrap on the plane or the ship or I can just use them as scarves. I couldn't resist this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/leo-...608.0.0.WLbNtw
    I also got this one in the red/purple plaid: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wint...608.0.0.WLbNtw
    Of course, there are a few others I've got my eye on. You never can have too many scarves

I really like this one, but I can't decide on which color I like the best. I think the gray is more practical, but I like the coffee too.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Autu...999.282.3Aavyr

I seriously need a bigger closet.....
    Oh my word, Critical, all those scarves are awesome AND THE PRICES!!!

On the gray vs coffee ... I would get both at that price, I would need them both. ALTHOUGH, I agree with you the gray goes with EVERYTHING.

How are the taxes and shipping costs?

Oh and as far as Pashmina's, I have several that I have worn over evening wear when it gets cool and they work GREAT and look so NICE!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Has anybody ever tried selling handbags/clothing/shoes at one of those fashion resale shops like Clothes Mentor? I'm just curious what kind of cash they give you. I have a number of Coach handbags I have actually never even used, still w tags.

I used to sell things I never or hardly used on ebay, but ebay just doesn't seem viable anymore. I have too much money invested in these particular items to just donate them, I want to recoup some of the money so I can shop more!
    There's also Poshmark but no I've never tried them myself. I've had luck selling old Coach purse on Facebook/Craig's List which to me is better b/c it saves you the shipping and they hand you the cash.

Amazon has a seller's program where you can factor in the price of shipping. I know they take a cut of it too but it's not crazy or unreasonable. I did that with some of my ex's reloading equipment (dies and easy to ship items).
    Last edited by PGM35; 06-19-2017 at 10:40 AM. Reason: rembered 1 thing
    Cornholio likes this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

FORT Fan

Hi Everyone! I'm a long time lurker. I usually don't comment much just like to read all your comments. I have a question for all of you experts out there!! I'm 48 and have always had pretty regular periods. Since I had my daughter 12 years ago, they have gotten a bit heavier, but not too bad. Basically they are usually 25-28 days and the first 2 days are heavy and then the last 3 days are not that bad. PMS is ok. sometimes nothing, sometimes tenderness, heart palps, cramps. So, a few months ago I had a light period, a few days early. This last month I was 5 days late and the first three days were very light and then the last 4 days have been heavy. It seems there is no end in site right now!! I was just wondering if this is normal for my age? I hear that as you move closer and closer to menopause, you can get longer heavier periods or shorter, lighter. Just wondering what you all experienced. I guess I was just concerned as for the most part I've been so regular and it's been the same for so long. I've never had it this long before (7 days). Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

mcmomof2, my periods got heavier as I got closer to menopause. Mine seemed heavy and longer in length of days, too. It wasn't unusual for me to have 9 or even 10 day periods toward the end, there.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    mcmomof2, my periods got heavier as I got closer to menopause. Mine seemed heavy and longer in length of days, too. It wasn't unusual for me to have 9 or even 10 day periods toward the end, there.
    Thank you for the info. I have read about it but I guess having it happen kind of freaked me out! But gosh-9=10 days. Ughhh...I hate periods!!

And soon you shall be free of them! A blessed relief!
    beerbelly and mcmomof2 like this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Oh my word, Critical, all those scarves are awesome AND THE PRICES!!!

On the gray vs coffee ... I would get both at that price, I would need them both. ALTHOUGH, I agree with you the gray goes with EVERYTHING.

How are the taxes and shipping costs?

Oh and as far as Pashmina's, I have several that I have worn over evening wear when it gets cool and they work GREAT and look so NICE!!!
    No taxes and very low shipping costs - from free up to around $2 - if you're willing to wait. Most items come within 12-20 days, but I've had a few take longer. They indicate the shipping times in each item listing. If you want it faster, then you pay A LOT and often quite a bit more than the cost of the item. I'm okay with waiting because the deals are so great. Before I ordered for the first time, I looked into paying duty and import tax and that's meant more for people buying large quantities of items - like bulk for a retail business. Many sellers will give a lower value for the item (IIRC, they have to put that amount on the outside of the package) to prevent the customer from owing any fees upon import.

I'm really considering buying the grey and the coffee in that scarf. I know I'll wear them both.

I'm also buying this one in red (not for Alaska): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/embr...999.285.kslTVW

And I'm debating about this one (also not for Alaska): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...999.293.kslTVW

I just love how a simple scarf can complete at outfit AND how different scarves can totally transform the sale outfit.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hi mcmomof2 - have you seen your gyno to rule out fibroids? I've had very long, heavy flow for over a year now and my dr determined that it's caused by fibroids. He said whenever I can't stand it anymore I can have the fibroids removed (myomectomy, a day surgery procedure). Just a thought!

After a decade of test driving gyno's, and finding them all lacking, I finally found "the one". She's wonderful! I have a variety of issues, mostly related to menopause, and instead of blowing me off, she discussed each point with me and offered some solutions. Plus, she ran bloodwork to test my hormone levels and thyroid. I feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel. All the others told me to drink soy milk for the hormone issue. Yuck.

I go back in two weeks for an ultrasound and test results. At that point we'll decide which rx course to take. I cried and she hugged me. She's warm and fuzzy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Punkin, Cornholio and Eastcoastmom like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

That news about periods getting worse toward menopause is the worst news I heard all day. Ugh. My coworker had some issue with super heavy flow periods and her doctor gave her some meds (not birth control) to address the underlying cause. She had a heavy flow period for almost 2 months straight. Then a short break and another month of it. She was having to take iron on top of the meds because she was anemic. She finally saw a gyno (her gp prescribed the meds) and the gyno said it was super inappropriate that she be on that regimen for as long as she was. Gave me a whole new respect for the gyno to straighten that mess out for her.

+ Reply to Thread