+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2191Likes

Thread: Girl Talk

Re: Girl Talk

The shoes I just bought definitely don't have a peep-toe. My parents and I are going on an Alaskan cruise in August to celebrate their 60th anniversary, so I just bought a pair of these: Women's All Weather Zip Shoes from Lands' End
    I think they'll keep my feet warm (-ish) while standing on a glacier!

I also bought a little black fitted down jacket. Land's End had a special Pi Day discount, so I got 31.4% off. It's hard to get black anything on sale; it's usually the seasonal colors that they mark down and the standard colors are almost always full price. I like those little jackets because they come with a stuff sack, so it packs small AND I can use it as a pillow on the plane.

I just got my March Birchbox with new fun goodies and OMG, I'm going to have to keep all of these boxes, aren't I? I love anything that comes in a cute box AND I love a cute box. What am I going to do with all of them? One of the things in the box this month is facial moisturizer from Kiehl's, which I've been wanting to try. Of course, I'll probably love it and then I'll have to bite the bullet and pay big for the full sized one.....

The sweaters (all the clothing, really) I bought at that estate sale still reek of perfume, even though they've been hanging out for like two weeks. UGH. I don't want to pay for dry cleaning, but I'm worried those home dry cleaning products aren't powerful enough to remove perfume. I thought two of them - both Eileen Fisher long cardigans (one's more like a sweater coat) - were cotton, but when I checked the labels, they've both got wool. One is Merino, silk and linen and the other is wool and cashmere. I was hoping I could just wash those on gentle, but NOPE! I got another little cardigan that was Chico's brand that is mostly Tencel, so I think that would be okay in the washing machine. I'll check first. It's brand new with the tags still on, but yep, stinks of perfume.

I guess if I have to pay for dry cleaning, I should just bit the bullet and do it. I got such a good deal on all of this stuff. I just hate paying for dry cleaning AND I've had things ruined by a dishonest one. Seriously, they made a hole in a cable knit sweater I'd taken in for stain removal and they shrunk it up to tighten the knit and to hide the fact that they'd (badly) stitched the hole closed. The sweater was natural color and when I got it back, it was white. I was even more annoyed when I went to tea stain it in my tub and I saw the WHITE acrylic thread they'd closed the hole with (it didn't take the stain) and then the entire hole opened up in the water. Of course, they denied everything. That was an expensive sweater too. So that's why I have trouble trusting dry cleaners!
    woodiedog likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

KAREN

Wow. Just wow. I had no idea. Cannot even imagine using those methods, sounds like an absolute nightmare. I get it with the environment, but carrying homemade used pads around?!?! Collecting blood to water your plants with??! The whole thing sounds very stressful & time consuming and that time of the month is already bad enough as it is....
    waywyrd and momrek06 like this.

I totally agree, Cornholio!

In a word "BIZARRE"!!!
    Cornholio likes this.
    KAREN

Yeah, I'll pass on watering my plants with bloody water and toting used sea sponge "tampons" around. Ugh.

Back in the day, pads - and the boxes they came in - used to be enormous. I remember going in the drugstore and being mortified, carrying that huge box to the counter. God forbid my teenaged self saw someone I knew.

Millennials can keep their reusable pads and gross period panties that you rinse out.
    pikachu, momrek06 and Cornholio like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I never liked tampons. They were always regardless of type uncomfortable for me to use (sometimes painful). But I would use tampons before I tried to negotiate a cup. Or reusable pads. I can see where in some places and situations a reusable pad would be a good thing. Like I think of the homeless population where those women can't necessarily buy products every month but I'll pass.
    waywyrd, momrek06 and Cornholio like this.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I never liked tampons. They were always regardless of type uncomfortable for me to use (sometimes painful). But I would use tampons before I tried to negotiate a cup. Or reusable pads. I can see where in some places and situations a reusable pad would be a good thing. Like I think of the homeless population where those women can't necessarily buy products every month but I'll pass.
    I never liked tampons, either. I guess I was old-fashioned in that I preferred pads.
    causingchaos likes this.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

I never even talked about it in highschool because all those girls were using tampons and there I was like thank you Always for being in my life and supporting me through this. In adulthood before I went on the shot I was using pads too.

I didn't read the article but from your comments - GROSS! I didn't do tampons til college and was like how did I survive before these?!?! LOL and now all those other contraptions - gross and no thanks! not that I have to worry about any of that but yeah, gross just gross. Millennials can keep that crap! Along with their diaphragms too. Again, gross! hahaha!
    Cornholio likes this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

All I can say is that I'm so glad that, for me, that ship's done sailed and sunk.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread