+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Harry Potter Fan Thread

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Harry Potter Fan Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I have knit several pairs of HP themed socks.
    Do they match, or did you make them for Dobby? LOL.
    GabbyG likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I know, You know, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion

Sorry, haven't read through yet, but will catch up and comment appropriately!

Just wanted to throw out there that if you wave a pencil at my dog and say "avada kedavra" he lies down and rolls over on his back. My husband says it's the nerdiest thing I've ever done to the dog.

Maybe if I can find the time I'll upload a video. I really should put a little witch's hat on him first though... or at least a Weasley jumper. He's a Jack Russell, btw.

Yes, they match. The Horcrux socks went to my mail carrier, and I have the Belletrix pair.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Sorry, haven't read through yet, but will catch up and comment appropriately!

Just wanted to throw out there that if you wave a pencil at my dog and say "avada kedavra" he lies down and rolls over on his back. My husband says it's the nerdiest thing I've ever done to the dog.

Maybe if I can find the time I'll upload a video. I really should put a little witch's hat on him first though... or at least a Weasley jumper. He's a Jack Russell, btw.
    OMG - I LOVE this! PLEASE, upload a video. PLEASE!!!!
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Yes, they match. The Horcrux socks went to my mail carrier, and I have the Belletrix pair.
    Do you do mail order? I want some!!!!
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Do you do mail order? I want some!!!!
    I am not fast enough or good enough to do mail order, but if you go buy yarn, and if you are not impatient, I will make you a pair. I will not sell them, because I use other people's patterns.
    AZChristian likes this.

I got my son a magic wand tv remote a few years ago for Christmas.
    GabbyG and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

I know, You know, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion

Oh, fun, Gutmutter!

Firstly, what an enjoyable thread this has been to read so far. I'm so SO jealous of those who have been to the theme park or the studio (the photo's are FABULOUS!) and am still hoping to get there one day with my two daughters.

I was introduced to Harry by a friend of mine (who also introduced me to The Series of Unfortunate Events... she KNOWS her books like that). I think the series was a couple of books written but I read them to my daughters and we quickly caught up. The most memorable thing I have about reading them is that my daughters would never let my husband fill in on the reading of chapters because "he got the voices wrong"
    Also, I had ordered the final book from Amazon and it was going to be delivered while we were on VACATION... so the entire last part of our camping we were excited to get back home to find the book on our doorstep. We spent the next two days in our hammock in the backyard while I read through the entire book aloud (and cried and cried. My neighbours must have thought we were nuts.)
    My daughters are teens now, but sometimes I think it'd be so much fun to read it together again...

As for the video, AZ, I will try! Give me some time to figure it all out.
    sweetpea, GabbyG, Cootie and 1 others like this.

I remember being really crushed to finish the last book. It just didn't seem to register that the story was over.

The nice thing is you can re-read the series over and over and it is still good, still funny and sad and wonderful and amazing. But there's nothing like reading it for the first time. I kind of felt the same way about the movies. These kids literally grew up as the characters they portrayed, and now I will never think of Hermione without seeing Emma's face. It's just so fun to watch the first movie...little Ron was so freaking adorable on the train!

I wonder if Rowling will ever consider writing a series based on Harry and Ron's children? It just seems so natural! Or maybe that is wishful thinking on my part...
    Cootie likes this.
    "I suck at life" ~Dan

If you're not able to upload it here, put it on youtube and PM me the link. PLEASE!!!!!
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread