+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
Like Tree635Likes

Thread: FoRT Member Announcements (Births, Deaths, Marriages, Divorces, etc.)

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FoRT Member Announcements (Births, Deaths, Marriages, Divorces, etc.)

Never hesitate to call the doctor if you need to. Keep us posted.
    beerbelly and momrek06 like this.
    I'm Paula.

Joseph - the gallbladder has ducts that can get clogged and inflamed. When this happens, stones can form and need to be removed with some type of surgery - either full removal of the organ or drawing out the stones using a pipette method. Both women and men can develop clogged ducts and a lot of that depends on whether they eat a fatty diet.
    momrek06 and JosephD like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PIK......sending tons of ((((hugs))))!

I am praying all that pain eases up and QUICK!

XOXO
    KAREN

Hope you are feeling better today, Pik! If not, definitely call the doctor first thing in the morning. Are you able to drive by yourself to the doctor or would you need someone to drive for you. Don't take any chances!

There was a time I was dealing with some tummy issues and the doctor thought I might be having an issue with my gallbladder. I had to get an ultrasound done which showed that I had a bunch of "sludge" Doesn't that sound so lovely! But no gallstones. They were going to wait on the surgery until after I had an endoscopy to see if my issues were related to something else. Long story short, my tummy issues ended up being due to a medicine that did not agree with me! Once I switched meds, I had relief. What kills me is my primary doctor prescribed the initial medication back in June 2012 and saw me every six months. Each time I would still complain about my tummy. Finally in October, 2016, she had a family emergency so instead of seeing her, I saw a Nurse Practitioner who put me on a different medication. No more tummy troubles! Arghhh! I am so glad my tummy is much better, but why did the doctor not take me off that initial medication when I first started having my symptoms? Not very happy about that, let me tell you!

Joseph - one of my brothers did have his gallbladder removed. He was fine one minute and was in the kitchen while his wife and daughter were making him a special Father's Day Dinner. One minute he was fine, the next he was basically passed out and on the floor! When he came to, he said he felt okay, but my SIL and niece called 911 (they thought he was having a heart attack) and get him to the hospital. He ended up needing his gallbladder removed. Don't know if it was laparoscopic or not. My mom had hers taken out back in the 70's and they didn't do laparoscopic surgery back then. She had a humongous scar afterwards.

Pik, how does this pain compare to when you had your hysterectomy?

Wow! I just read about Uncle David's passing. He was such a nice guy! He will be missed. May he rest in peace.
    JosephD likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't really have any pain after my hysterectomy, except for the pain of sleeping in the hospital bed. That thing was so uncomfortable and because of my bandaging, I could only sleep in one position. After the bandages were removed and I was staying at my aunt and uncle's house for a few days, I didn't have any pain.

I'm feeling a lot better tonight. There's still pain but it's manageable. My pain medicine says to take it every 4-6 hours and I've been taking it every 6 hours. I switched to taking it every 4 hours instead and that has made a world of difference. I'll stay on it like this until the pain starts easing up more. I wish I had thought of making that change earlier but I just routinely take the least amount of a medicine prescribed to see if that will be enough. In this case, it wasn't so I'm glad the instructions included a more frequent schedule.

BTW, I joked with a friend earlier in the day that I'm never getting my gallbladder removed again! That made her laugh.
    Last edited by pikachu; 03-05-2017 at 09:56 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Now that we know Pik came through her surgery and is on the mend, let's move this discussion to another thread, like Talk About Your Troubles
    Gutmutter likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread