+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Personal quirks

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Personal quirks

Pretty much everyone has something that's unique or different about them. What's your quirk?

I randomly say "dog, dog, dog" once in a while (only at home, not at work). I've been doing it for years and I'm not sure why. My nephew lived with me for a few months and he started saying it too after a while.

Yesterday, we had a council of the blind meeting and before it started we were having sandwiches from Jersey Mike's. Suddenly without thinking, I said it. Fortunately for me, there were people with service dogs there so nobody asked why I said it. They probably thought I was talking to someone's dog.
    Punkin, Kip, Cootie and 3 others like this.
    Current Pools: DWTS 20, Face Off 8, Survivor 30, The Amazing Race 26, The Voice 8
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2015: The FORT's Amazing Spreadsheet Wizard & Avatar Artist

Re: Personal quirks

Oh my I have a lot of quirks where do I begin..... lets see I have the tendency to randomly say "Eat Me" I do it when Im alone at home or when Im around my close family (no wonder my brother thinks Im a nut job ) I started doing this when the Disney movie Shrek came out and the gingerbread man told Lord Farquard to Eat him, I love that little gingerbread man and like to imitate him I guess.

Another quirk I have is just to randomly make farting noises I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. I dont really know why I do it but I do it so much I dont even realize it. Oh Pikachu why did ya start this thread now everyone is really gonna think Im a nut
    Kip, beerbelly, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

Jax

I know why Pik started it! It's fodder for the yearbook thread........and so was the shopping thread, lol. Yup, that's what I think.

Let's see.......when ever I have a dilemma I say that I have "lemon" instead.

I never have an idea, I always have an epiphany.

I love snow, I wish it was winter all year long.

And to go along with that, I love boots. I wish I could wear boots all year long.

I love quirky colored eyeglasses.

My nickname was "Jax" long before anybody else used it.

I name just about everything. The cars, the bunnies in the yard (Bad Bunny and T-Bunny), the red squirrel that ate a hole in our last attic (Rusty, of course). The white dove that spent the summer at our bird feeder (Whisper). The tulip tree is Toby. The lawn mowers, the snow blowers, etc etc.

And my pajamas are Pajayjays, (long before Grey's Anatomy started using that V word).

Are you sorry yet that you asked.
    Punkin, Kip, famita and 2 others like this.

Jaytwo you are so smart ! I didnt even think of that. Yup that pikachu knows exactly what shes doing! That yearbook is going to be epic
    Jax likes this.
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

Love this thread and adore the 'quirks'. Because isn't that makes us so lovable?

My quirk is that I have slight OCD so I line things up. And then need to rotate everything. I have a special way of doing everything.
    Punkin, AZChristian, Jax and 1 others like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Hmmm..... I'll have to think about my quirks because I'm sure I have a million. The only thing that comes to mind (and it's not very nice) is that I have a tendency to whisper "50 f*ckers" under my breath. I got that from a friend. It used to drive me crazy because I didn't know what it meant. So I asked him. He said that for every decent person we come in contact with, we have to deal with 50 f*ckers. So much in the same way someone might mumble the word "idiot!" under their breath, he used to mumble "50 f*ckers." And now I do too.

Oooooo, I just thought of another one of my quirks. This one's a lot nicer, but slightly OCD. I have to -- just HAVE TO -- have the towels in the bathroom straightened. I think the house could be on fire as I'm just getting out of the shower, and I would stop to straighten the towels as opposed to tossing them on the floor or hurriedly bunching them on the towel rack. Neatly hanging towels....that's my thing.
    Jax likes this.
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

A quirk I've had seen childhood is that I don't like to eat or drink after another person has taken a bite or sip. I don't enjoy it, even with people I am in love with. I can kiss them passionately, but I don't want them eating off of my fork. LOL I know, it's silly. There is just something about it. I'm not selfish, I will gladly share my food or beverage, but I don't want to eat or drink after you. lol.

I don't know where I learned it from, because no adults around me were that way as I grew up. It's odd. I have overcome it at times, when I had to, but I have not been able to really get over it.

I especially get annoyed when at a party someone takes their finger and scrapes the cake before others have had a piece. I just wish they would cut themselves a piece of cake and eat it. Why smear your fingers all around cake that others will be served. It drives me crazy. When I see someone do that, I will decline the cake.
    Ellen, Jax and MReid like this.

Omg Debb I so agree with you on this one. I am the exact same way. I cannot eat or drink after anyone even my own mama bear and she bought me into this world but I cant eat or drink after people even my close loved ones. Especially drinking after them I think thats even worse
    Ellen, Debb70 and JosephD like this.

I also don't like to eat or drink after others. Must be more common than we thought. JosephD, I straighten towels in the bathroom too, but carry it further. The minute I walk into a room, if things look like they are askew, I have to rearrange them. When I worked, everything was in it's place on my desk exactly how I wanted them. On my day off my coworker would rearrange things just to drive my batty!!
    MReid and JosephD like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I'm right there with you all. I could never be in a relationship with someone who drinks directly out of the orange juice bottle or milk carton. That's a deal breaker right there.
    Coco46, Jax and MReid like this.
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast