+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: becausa today is black friday what do you all think of this here

FORT Newbie

becausa today is black friday what do you all think of this here

because today is black Friday and Christmas is just little more close what do you all think of this here, like what is your all time favorite TV shows with a Christmas episodes in it, you favorite Christmas TV special Christmas movies music or songs or other things all about Christmas?

Re: becausa today is black friday what do you all think of this here

Lots!

When I have my daughter, I like watching the traditional Christmas shows: "Charlie Brown," "Frosty The Snowman," "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer." She's only 2, but that's 'our time' together. I miss her terribly and don't get to see her nearly enough, so I'm really looking forward to getting to see her again.

When it's just me, or me and family and friends, I like watching "It's A Wonderful Life," "A Christmas Story" and anything Christmas-y with The Waltons. I know that's sappy and the original Waltons series was WAY before my time, but when it comes to Christmas, I love that wholesomeness. Oddly enough, I also like any Christmas episode of Roseanne. Again, the original series was a little before my time, but I love the hilarious disfunctionality of the Connor clan at Christmas.
    Last edited by JosephD; 11-28-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    famita likes this.
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

I've never seen "It's a Wonderful Life". Rudolph was my favorite as a child, but now it's a tie between White Christmas and Elf.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I enjoy watching as many variations of A Christmas Carol as I can find. It's almost like fantasy football, in that I pick my favorite Scrooge, Bob Cratchit, ghosts, etc.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bah Humbug! I want my regular programming back. Wahhhhh!

Although I'm currently watching the movie Fred Claus and it's looking to have a lot of promise.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm annoyed that my afternoon shows of choice - The People's Court and Judge Judy - have been preempted by college football. Can't they just stick to Saturday and Sunday????
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

My hands-down favorite is the koo-koo aunt's electrocuted cat scene in "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," followed by "It's a Wonderful Life," followed by tongue-stuck-to-flagpole scene (and a number of other scenes) in "A Christmas Story."
    Favorite Xmas songs? Just about anything by Bob Rivers.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

When I was a kid I loved Frosty The Snowman, Santa Clause is Coming to Town, and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. They are still by top favorites. lol I also love The original Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

70's/80's tv sitcom christmas episode versions of scrooge where the person is invisible and visited by past, present, yet to come

We didn't have a TV when I was a kid, so the love for the cartoon Christmas specials seem to have passed me by. We enjoy National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation too. And I'm a big sucker for a lot of the cheesy Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel My daughter tries to get me to not watch them before Thanksgiving but that doesn't ever work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast