• 1 Post By AmyKay
  • 1 Post By AcookerTV
  • 1 Post By beerbelly
  • 2 Post By candor
  • 2 Post By Cootie

Thread: Podcasts

FORT Fogey

Podcasts

If I'm putting this in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it. I've become fascinated with the Serial podcast over the weekend and wondered if anyone else was listening.

Re: Podcasts

Whats that one about?
    I have quite a few podcasts I listen to when at work-
    Rob C of course for Survivor/BB/Amazing Race...and some of his Post-Show Recaps which are the non reality shows they follow, along with Friends of RHAP for BBAU
    Hollywood Babble on with Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman (Hollywood gossip)
    Edumacation with Kevin Smith and Andy McElfrish (kind of a learning podcast)
    About last night (Comedians Adam Ray and Brad Williams)
    ONCE podcast (OUAT discussion)
    Dr Drew
    Adam and Dr Drew
    Mike and Dr Drew from Loveline
    Watch What Crappens (Bravo shows)
    Brandi Glanville Unfiltered (I dont listen to ALL of hers, depends on the guest)
    Last Week On Earth (news/comedy with Ben Gleib)
    RuPaul Whats the Tee (with Michelle Visage)
    Banter Blender with Ben (pop culture stuff)
    Mad Men Podcast

I am behind on most of mine, I have 19 in my queue lol
    MReid likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

Serial is fantastic! Most of the podcasts I listen to I treat as filler when there's nothing good on the radio (Champs, Nerdist, WTF, Not Ready for Primetime Podcast). I started listening to Serial on Friday night, and found myself all weekend looking for reasons to drive places alone so I could keep listening! It is produced by some of the people associated with This American Life on NPR. So far there are 8 episodes and I think there will be about 12 total. They are all digging into a murder case from 1999. The case took place in Maryland where a high school senior dissapeared and was found dead. Her ex-boyfriend was convicted of the crime. Years later, this NPR reporter was asked to look into it and she's spent over a year digging into it. The case that convicted him was somewhat weak (built on one witness and cell phone records ... some of which supported his story, others did not). However, there are also holes in the story told by the convicted man. There are other questions raised as well - claims that the defense attorney may have botched the initial case so she could get more money with the appeal, activity from some key witnesses that could either be described as criminal or normal teen behavior, etc. It is fascinating!
    AmyKay likes this.

Sounds very interesting! I will put that on my list to listen to!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

My favorite Podcast is Pop Culture Happy Hour. Really fun!
    Cootie likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

My guilty pleasure is Watch What Crappens. Two hilarious gay guys who talk about Bravo shows. Watch What Crappens | TrashTalkTV
    beerbelly and AmyKay like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I listen to a variety of podcasts, some are nerdy podcasts about technology, most related to Mac/Apple products. I listen to MSNBC's Rachel Maddow show - I used to listen to her podcast previous to her having her TRMS so I have a long time relationship with this one. I subscribe to Ring of Fire, a paid podcast, and listen to Best of the Left, Democracy Now and NPR All Songs Considered. Oh yeah and Real Time with Bill Maher. I no longer have HBO so this is the next best thing. My podcast list certain exposes my political leanings, doesn't it? When I take long walks while preparing for half marathons, I listen to most of these and get all caught up. During the school year, I skip some as I also listen to audiobooks too. My ipod is always loaded with good things. They are great therapy for when I can't sleep.

I've also viewed cooking podcasts and a few others about science.

I used to listen to Dallas After Buzz which would play after each Dallas episode, but now that it has been cancelled I'll have to look into that Mad Men one. There is just not enough time for all this good stuff!
    AmyKay and MReid like this.

+ Reply to Thread