+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Drivers >:(

Bad Drivers >:(

I've encountered more than enough bad drivers today to last a lifetime. I had to run some errands & people just drive like jerks. One woman was cutting across the parking lot at the mall & pulled right out in front of me as I was driving up the aisle (ya know, like you're supposed to do!) And she took the one & only parking spot that wasn't half a mile away. I wanted to key her stupid mini-van (I didn't, nor have I ever done that, but it was tempting). Another pet peeve of mine: SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT!!! I'm convinced people don't know what this means, b/c no one seems to ever do it. Let's see, the speed limit is 60, & people are passing you like you are standing still, GET OVER, MORON! Buy a clue, would ya? Oh, and if you feel the need to drive 45 on the freakin' highway, maybe you should do everyone a favor stick to the side streets!

And don't even get me started on people who feel the need to pull out in your lane & make you slam on your brakes when there are NO OTHER CARS AROUND! GET IN THE OTHER LANE NITWIT! Or at least wait until I pass if you feel like you MUST be in the lane that I'm in! People are idiots.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Sorry... don't mean to laugh at your crappy driving day, but yeah.... People are idiots.

I see you're in Texas, but I think you must have been driving in my area today!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Holly!

I'm sorry you had such a rotten day.

I hate those aisle jumpers too!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I hate parking lot Nazi's too .
    Sorry for your bad day Holly

Holly71,

I know what you mean. I think we've all been there. Sometimes reasonable people start to get an itch for road/parking lot rage. You did well not to act on it. My peeve is when someone "forces" you over just to cut in front of you. It's the dangerous ones that I REALLY can't stand.

Re: Bad Drivers >:(

Originally posted by holly71

And don't even get me started on people who feel the need to pull out in your lane & make you slam on your brakes when there are NO OTHER CARS AROUND! GET IN THE OTHER LANE NITWIT! Or at least wait until I pass if you feel like you MUST be in the lane that I'm in! People are idiots.
    This happened to me today. I was on the freeway. He was behind me when we came to a construction zone and the speed limit dropped 10 miles an hour. Well, the Highway Patrol is famous for hanging out in construction zones (fines doubled, dontcha know?). He got around me jumped in front and slowed down by 20 MPH. JERK!

How about the idiots who think you are driving too slow and speed up just to get around you...then you catch up with them at the next light? That always makes me laugh.

I hope none of those bad drivers are me. I actually went for a drive today. No one passed me for going too slow, so I was happy. But, I always stick to the right lane if I'm not going speedy. I try to be good!

I find generally that drivers in Canada (where I live) are far worse than drivers in the UK (where I'm from).

You can drive at 16 in Canada and I think the general level of maturity in 16 year olds here is far lower than in the UK, jmo Yiu have to be 17 to drive in the UK and as they start and end compulsory schooling earlier many kids have been out at full time jobs for a year before they can start to drive, which just seems to make for a much more mature attitude toward driving.

You learn to drive standard in the UK, which I think makes for better drivers as you actually have to master the art before passing your test, which I just don't see here.
    There are so many people who can basically drive forwards, reverse and park that are on the roads here.

It's not just kids that are bad drivers over here either.
    In general I think that people driving automatics makes for worse drivers.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree about driving a standard. The first car I bought was a standard, but I didn't know how to drive it. Once I did I felt I had a lot more control. Especially in the crazy snow storms we have here.

As for driving aroud Boston. It's just silly and crazy. The main highway (95/128) has a posted speed limit of 55, yet I tend to go about 65 - 70 just so I don't die. NO ONE goes 55.

The state also thought it might be a good idea to broadcast over the amber alert messages "Seat Belts Save Lives, Click It or Ticket". Of course that causes traffic jams since everyone is slowing down to see what the heck that damn message says. Grrr.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I agree, everyone should learn to drive on a standard. I went to visit a friend in San Diego years ago and he didn't have a car. The one he rented was a standard and he didn't know how to drive it. I had to do all the driving I guess it would have been nice of me to teach him how to drive it
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast