+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***Ok, I need your help, people*****

Hey Rox,

I don't know how old your daughter is, but I hope she is feeling better. There are different types of pneumonia, ie walking. I agree about the feeling about the chest. If it were pneumonia I would think that the doctor would have been able to hear it. I believe "rails"/crackling sounds is one sign of it.

The blood tests will probably have more info. on how she is to be treated. About the Tylenol, most over the counter drugs work well, but even if you follow the recommended dosage and schedule, I believe they don't recommend she take it for an expanded period of time. I don't know what else to recommend.

If you don't go to the ER, be at your Doc's door the time they open. Tell him you will wait there for the blood test results and maybe he can light a fire under someone's butt. Make sure she stays hydrated!

Sorry, I couldn't really help, but I wish madbanana the best and a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I had this weird type of flu/strep throat once. She sounds like she might have the same thing. I don't really know though. So many of the illnesses today are the same except for slight things. I remember not being able to stand much because I was so feverish it made me dizzy and unbalanced. I ahd to stay in bed and keep my head propped up. I had a lot of kimchi soup (I'm korean, so my mom does a lot of peppery stuff ) and chicken noodle soup. My parents kept me hydrated and made sure I wasn't too hot or too cold 'cause it might've sent my fever way high.

I hope madbanana gets well soon. She'll definitely be in my thoughts. So sorry!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I don't want to be dramatic or alarmist, but do you live in an area where there have been any SARS cases? Aren't the dry hacking cough and high fever some of the primary symptoms?

Of course, it could probably be plent of other things, so don't panic on my account. If the fever doesn't break and she doesn't start to feel better soon, I'd definitely go to an ER for a second opinion.

I've had pneumonia too and didn't experience as much pain as with bronchitis, but was certainly sick as a dog.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Yes, MollyRose, dry cough and high fever are both symptoms of SARS. Living in Singapore, I should know, it's practically drilled into my head.

Rox, don't want to sound dramatic too, but you might want to check out for that.

I'm so sorry to hear that and hope your daughter gets well soon.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I'm sorry, I don't have any answers for you, Rox. I just wanted to say I've seen MadBanana's posts around the FoRT here. She seems to be a sweetheart, and I just want you to know I wish her well and will keep you guys in my prayers.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

If your doctor did not give you an actual diagnosis, I doubt it would be any of they "easy to spot" illnesses given. The common things he would know and would have diagnosed. Go get a second opinion. No one here is qualified to give you the answers you seek, without even examining your daughter. good luck.
    "Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."
    - Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

Good Luck, it could be pneamona it could be broncitis (I've had it but I can't spell either) My daughter has had pneamona about 8 times, my husband once...each time it was a high temp, bad cough to the point their chests hurt, shortness or breath and no energy at all.
    I agree with the second opinion suggestion, or at least pressuring the dr for a clearer answer
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

My advice would be either the ER or another doctor for a second opinion. High fevers are nothing you want to mess with.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Rox,

How is MadBanana today? If her lips are cracked then she needs more water. Dehydration can also land her in the hospital. I also thought of something. If the fever gets too high she might have convulsions. Take her to where ever you have to if you doctor can't further help you immediately.

Best of luck!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Hey, I just saw this thread.

I just want to say that I wish madbanana well. Hope she gets well.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast