+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

TV junkie thanks for showing off your cute critters..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thank you all for the nice replies, my critters appreciate them.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3058239;
    I've never understood the preference for reptiles. TV Junnkie, can you offer some education? Plenty of people out there like them, but WHY?

I know, I know....we like what we like.
    Well you said it, we all like what we like. But for me, I find them quite amazing, and very interesting. And the snakes are actually very easy keepers too, and much nicer than most lizards actually. My bearded dragon will some times hiss and threaten, but the snakes, they don't care.

I hope I have answered your question for you.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank you for responding.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Logan the bearded dragon lookes like a real cutie and hisses too? I like that...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

TV Junkie your furry critters are adorable. I'm glad you enjoy the reptiles and I'm sure they make great pets for some people. I'm not one of those people!

I had to laugh when I saw your pictures of the snakes and lizards though. Several years ago, we were house-hunting and we visited this beautiful house that was for sale. The people who lived there had an aquarium/tank in EVERY room. They had snakes, lizards, frogs, turtles, etc.. Then, there were a few empty aquariums on the back porch and all I could think was "what escaped out of that tank and could still be slithering around in this house?". I don't remember much else about that house. Hilariously enough, we ended up buying a home in the same subdivsion. We now refer to the other house as "The Reptile House" even though the people who lived there moved years ago and (I hope) took their reptiles with them!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3057913;
    I just wanted to say if anyone is thinking of getting a dog or puppy, please adopt from your local animal shelter or rescue. You won't regret it.
    Sorry for the double post.

brunette trixie, I could not agree with you more. We adopted our sweet Henry from a rescue organization and haven't regretted it for a moment. Suki is a lucky dog!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

TV Junkie, thank you so much for showing those pics. I am not a fan of snakes however, I do have a question for you. How hard or easy is it to raise a Geico? How long do they normally live?

The boyfriend wants a bearded dragon. Me? I'm kinda iffy on it. I want a little puppy that I can carry in a purse and take places with me.
    Last edited by Mariner; 06-16-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3058239;
    I've never understood the preference for reptiles. TV Junnkie, can you offer some education? Plenty of people out there like them, but WHY?

I know, I know....we like what we like.
    I've had quite a few reptile pets before, and I not only find the behavior neat to watch, and the appearance of the animal intriguing, I love the way living snakes feel--they are NOT slimy but feel a lot like satin. The reptile skin shoes, boots, etc. do not feel that way because of the tanning process.
    TV junkie, I almost bought a Corn Snake like yours, but am afraid the cats would get into the container when I'm not home and chew up the snake.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;3058864;
    TV Junkie, thank you so much for showing those pics. I am not a fan of snakes however, I do have a question for you. How hard or easy is it to raise a Geico? How long do they normally live?

The boyfriend wants a bearded dragon. Me? I'm kinda iffy on it. I want a little puppy that I can carry in a purse and take places with me.
    I have been the happy owner of Geico for 6 years now, and he is still doing great. He is pretty easy to keep as well. He eats meal worms & baby food. I have an under tank heater for him, and keep fresh water in his coconut bowl. And I mist his cage every other day. That is pretty much it.

As for how long they live, it is around 10-15 years, so they are pretty long lived.

But the funniest thing is when he jumps from hand to hand, or to my shoulder. These guys are known for their jumping, but you have to be careful they don't fall to far.

My Geico is so sweet, I just love him.. he is my buddy.

To doxie - I laughed at your story! That is pretty funny.

And to gabriel - Yes he hisses at me pretty often. He also puffs himself up & opens his mouth. It is so cute, and funny!

Again, thank you all for the nice comments!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so maybe I'm the one in the dark, but I didn't know there was an animal called a Geico. I thought that was just an insurance company; I even used to do business with them! Are geico and gecko the same thing?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread