+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I have so many animals! Lol. But for now, here are my dogs & my cat:

Bo, my almost 9yr old male collie, then Nina, my 1.5yr old female chihuahua, & Tina, my 9-10yr old female cat.

I love these guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice looking kids! They should have a great time playing with the other FORT babies
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3056298;
    This is an amazing story with a happy ending!

Attachment 24656Attachment 24657Attachment 24658Attachment 24659Attachment 24660

TWO FAWNS RESCUED FROM DEAD DOE
    A sad situation ended happily last weekend when a farmer south of Saskatoon delivered two fawns from a deer that had been hit by a car overnight and left to die by the side of the road. He saved two fawns: one female and one male. For the past six days, the farmer and his wife have been keeping the fawns in their basement living room during their first hours of life. Annie, one of their cats, has taken to following the female deer around. The couple have arranged for the fawns to be picked up by the province's wildlife branch when they will be taken to a farm. They will be released into the wild, when they are strong enough to manage.

Oh, deer
    misskitty - What a wonderful story with a happy ending.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

An update on my new adopted dog, Suki. She is so wonderful! I am so lucky to have picked her. Her first owner/owners trained her very well. She's perfectly housebroken, sits, heels, and fetches. She has a sweet disposition and is very affectionate. I've had little dogs who thought they were big, but this is the first big (60 lbs) dog I've ever had, and Suki thinks she's a lap dog.

My only trouble with Suki is she is a much earlier riser than I am. She thinks as soon as it is light outside we should all get up. 5:30am is way too early for me!

I just wanted to say if anyone is thinking of getting a dog or puppy, please adopt from your local animal shelter or rescue. You won't regret it.

I'm glad that you and Suki found each other!

Little dogs with big-dog attitudes reminds me of a joke--Three bulls are living peacefully together on a farm. One day, Farmer Brown drives up with the biggest, meanest bull that any of them has ever seen. The first bull says, "It isn't worth getting killed; I'll just give him 20 of my 35 cows." The second bull says, "I'm with you. He can have 15 of my 25 cows if it will help keep the peace." The third and smallest bull starts snorting and pawing at the ground, shaking his horns, and making short charges toward the huge newcomer. The first two bulls ask, "What do you think you're doing?? That bull will hand you your head before you know it's missing!" The little bull says, "I just want to make sure that he knows that I'm a bull!"
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I want to thank you for the Skunk remedy. Funnily enough, Friday night my dog (Dozer) woke me up at 3:30 - figuring he wanted out I started to the front door. And what a smell in the house.
    I opened the door and my daughters dog was out (yeah, 3:30 am, I know) and it was awful. Dozer just looked and went back to bed. I figure he heard her yelp or something - he is the house guard dog so deals with making sure we know if something happens. Once he knew she was okay, his job was done.

so I sent my daughter (lives next door) the recipe. They had to do some more work on her face, but the smell has diminished tremendously.

Alright, here are some pics of my reptiles.

First is Rocky, a coastal rosy boa, then Jonesy, a ribbon snake, Cuba, a corn snake, Geico a crested gecko, and Logan, a baby bearded dragon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MRD

TV Junkie, better post a warning, there are some squeamish forters that don't like snakes.

Me, I'm not bothered by them unless they are threatening me in person and since that doesn't happen too often, well probably only once in my life, then I don't mind them.

Nice group of reptiles there. And your dogs and cat are adorable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never understood the preference for reptiles. TV Junnkie, can you offer some education? Plenty of people out there like them, but WHY?

I know, I know....we like what we like.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

TV Junkie, I love the reptiles and yours are gorgeous. I actually had a really exciting (for me) moment last week while walking up at the bluffs. I spotted a lizard zipping around and up a tree. Probably no big whoop to those living south of here, but I did not know we had lizards in Toronto. Tee hee, I was just beside myself with glee.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread