+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: For animal lovers

Chloe is stunning and she is a welcome addition to the FORT family!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I LOVE Torties.

I just popped in to tell you guys...

At last year's well kitty visit our vet said that our dear Chloe needed to loose some weight. We changed her diet and made sure to play with her more. And, at this year's well kitty visit she has lost 2 pounds! Go Chloe! The vet was so pleased.

lopevian - nice cute pictures of Chloe! keep them coming.

Harmoj - That is good news about your Chloe!

Afew weeks ago I posted the pic of Joey using his steps, I'll post it again and today his "tree" came in, I put it together and here we go....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Congratulations to your Chloe, Harmoj. What a good girl!

prhoshay & bbnbama, Chloe thanks you, and so do I.

It's always fun and heartwarming to see the pet photos in this thread, and I'm glad to be able to return the favor. I caught part of some show the other night (?), and this lady said if your cat has a triangle on their face, it means they're very active. Chloe has two, and she is a level of active that is both fascinating, and exhausting. I haven't had this much fun in years.

Three of her whiskers, on the right side of her face, curl upwards. Does anyone know if this means anything? I sort of remember hearing something about that.

Attachment 24645

gabriel, I just saw the pictures of Joey. He looks so happy. He's beautiful. The stairs and the tree are amazing.
    Last edited by lopevian; 10-06-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Last night, after getting off the FORT, I leashed up the dog to let him go out to do his thing before I got into bed. We always leash him up, open up the side door, I can just stand on the steps and let him christen the rock wall of my little garden.

So he is leashed up, I open the door, open the screen door, get out on the steps and see "something" in between two flower containers up against the side of the house. Then this "something" hisses and my first thought was that it was our cat......only our cat is an indoor cat!

Then I noticed this white line extending from its head all the way to its upturned bushy tail!

YIKES! It was a SKUNK!

I couldn't believe it! I jumped back inside with the dog. The screen door couldn't close quick enough. Shut the inside door as I saw the skunk heading up the steps! Freaked me out royally.

Poor pup, didn't know what was going on. I am sure if I had not realized that it was a skunk, puppy would have gone right up to it to say hello and been sprayed in the process. Phew!

After that, I was afraid to take the dog out. Didn't know where the skunk went to....it could have been under the steps, in the back, out front. I went from door to door looking to see if I could see the skunk. I ended up taking off the leash and figured if he had to pee that badly, he could pee in the house!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3053834;
    Afew weeks ago I posted the pic of Joey using his steps, I'll post it again and today his "tree" came in, I put it together and here we go....
    Well, doesn't Mister just look like Lord of the Manor! He's surveying his kingdom, for sure! They can be so much fun!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3053927;
    Last night, after getting off the FORT, I leashed up the dog to let him go out to do his thing before I got into bed. We always leash him up, open up the side door, I can just stand on the steps and let him christen the rock wall of my little garden.

So he is leashed up, I open the door, open the screen door, get out on the steps and see "something" in between two flower containers up against the side of the house. Then this "something" hisses and my first thought was that it was our cat......only our cat is an indoor cat!

Then I noticed this white line extending from its head all the way to its upturned bushy tail!

YIKES! It was a SKUNK!

I couldn't believe it! I jumped back inside with the dog. The screen door couldn't close quick enough. Shut the inside door as I saw the skunk heading up the steps! Freaked me out royally.

Poor pup, didn't know what was going on. I am sure if I had not realized that it was a skunk, puppy would have gone right up to it to say hello and been sprayed in the process. Phew!

After that, I was afraid to take the dog out. Didn't know where the skunk went to....it could have been under the steps, in the back, out front. I went from door to door looking to see if I could see the skunk. I ended up taking off the leash and figured if he had to pee that badly, he could pee in the house!
    MamaC, glad you and your dog weren't sprayed.

I remember one time when were camping in a park with lots of skunks, a park ranger told us that skunks have poor eyesight so stumble into areas that they shouldn't. However they have sensitive feet and good hearing, and if you stomp the ground so they know you are around, they avoid the area.

You could try stomping the floor and making lots of noise before you take the dog out.

Newf has a recipe for getting the skunk smell off of a dog, by the way.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

veejer, I thought I would make a lot of noise the next time I take the dog out in the middle of the night. Now that I know about the sensitive ears, I will definitely do that.

After I settled down, I got to thinking.....I don't drink tomato juice and never have it in the house. But if the dog (or worse, me!) had been sprayed, someone would have had to go to the store to get some juice. Think I will add a can of tomato juice to the grocery list and keep it on hand, just in case!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I got this in an email and I have laughed for a good 10 minutes...I don't know if this has been posted here or not.......Why can I picture some of our furry FORT family members when I read this????

Subject: Dog diary vs Cat Diary

DOG DIARY

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

CAT DIARY

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomited on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of.

However,they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

This morning I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return.

He is obviously retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.

For now...

the Cat
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread