+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    That's too cute toothdoc. I was staying with a friend once and watched her cat jump on top of the fridge. He used the bottom door as a spring board, kicking off with his bottom feet as he jumped up. She was wondering how he managed to get to the top of the fridge as there were no counters near it for him to jump from.
    Thanks. It's amazing how high they can jump. Mine went from counter to fridge to top of cabinets.

Looks like we are traveling around the site together. We are we heading next?

toothdoc

in banana world
    Thanks joeguy She really is full of life.

Toothdoc, I am always amused by cats and I love to see the things they do. My friend has 6 cats at home, and she always tells me the stories of the things they do..such as the time they all stood patiently staring at a bush for hours just waiting for a lizard to come out that they had seen hide in there.

Wolf, they're gorgeous!! AW!

Aww... miracle cat! And Frosty? What a wonderful name. I hope he gets a home.

So sweet Happy. She seems like a fun handful. Great post!

Toothdoc. I love your cats already. Olivia can be my new best friend.

My daughter came home from college Thursday and was quite amused by the hedgehog. At first she kept wanting to play with it during the day but it is nocturnal and may come out and have a bite, but then wants to go back to sleep. She had decided it was a bust. But yesterday after all the Christmas excitement was over and cleaned up and evening rolled around, we were watching a movie and I suggested she wake him up. After getting him to come out, setting him down to do his business and have a bite, he decided to engage with her and was quite entertaining. She had me take pictures of them together. Maybe I'll get her to download them and I'll finally figure out how to post pictures here.
    Count your blessings!

my great dane puppy. At 4 months old, he's 38lbs!
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

this one is to showcase his length! I'm 5'7".
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

OMG Madonniac - He's huge! My one experience with a great dane involves waiting for another girl scout leader when we were sharing a ride to a meeting. Her great dane came over for a pat and I scooted up his collar and scratched the matted down hair on his neck (a trick I learned from a book when I was 10). He loved it so much he started to pee... and pee, and pee, and pee. The woman was screaming and yelling at him. He must have peed a gallon all over the floor. Needless to say, we were late for that meeting.
    Count your blessings!

ToothDoc I love your cats! What are they doing up there?

I have a question for you cat experts out there. A little backstory first: We have 2 full-time, inside cats that have been fixed ever since they were about 5 months old. For the last couple of weeks, we have been cat-sitting my neighbors 6 month old cat. This cat, named Tiger Lily by the neighbors but dubbed Itchy Bitchy by my daughter, spends half her time inside and half outside when she is home with neighbors, but has spent all her time inside since we started cat-sitting. Three days ago, she apparently went into heat for the first time. Not since I was a little girl have I been around a cat in heat. She yowls and cries a LOT and likes to rub up against most anything. She will drag herself around after me or my husband or daughter and drape herself across the floor in front of us looking pitiful. All night long she will moan and groan. My first question is, how long does being in heat last? And secondly, should we let her go outside before the neighbors come back? We didn't discuss any of this before they left on their vacation. They should be back by New Year's eve.

This evening as I was warming up dinner, I glanced down and saw Bitchy laying there on the throw rug looking at me real pitiful and I thought of that song Phoebe made up on Friends years ago about "Smelly Cat". Ya'll know how it goes...smel-ly cat, smel-ly cat, what are you thinking of? Smelly cat, smelly cat, it's not your fault. Only I changed the words to "horny cat, horny cat, what are you wishing for, horny cat, horny cat, it's not your fault." *ducks to miss all the stuff ya'll are now throwing*

*Sigh* Yes, I know. Sorry!!!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    ToothDoc I love your cats! What are they doing up there?
    Thanks, I kink of love them too. I asked them for you and they just yawned. I guess we'll never know. They don't stay up there long so I don't think they are looking for a warm spot. I keep the house pretty cold. My bedroom was 55 this morning.

toothdoc

+ Reply to Thread