+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;3028189;
    Bunny555 give your son a big hug from all us FORTers! My mom always said that I care for animals far more than I care for people. And it's true. Animals live with their hearts on their sleeves. They never lie to you. They are open and honest about how they feel. All they ask for is food, water, a play mate and hugs and skritches. And in return, they give us loyalty, friendship, an ear to talk to and a love that never quits. I so cannot stand people who abuse animals.
    Superbrat, I totally agree!

I have a hard time reading stories about animal abuse or watching those stories on the news. It's heartbreaking.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I haven't commented because of my fury.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Not to change the subject, but Gustav turns 9 today. Happy Birthday to my little boy
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

to Gustav! Give him some big smooshy kisses!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Happy Birthday Gustav!!!!!

Happy Birthday Gustav!!

So, we've been in our new house about 2 months. I was at the back of the yard for a few minutes this morning (trying to see what plants I had back there) and when I returned there was a baby possum swimming in the pool I'm squeamish about stuff like that but I rescued it with the pool net and it kind of shook itself off and ran away. I thought they were nocturnal, and this one was definitely a baby...where was mom? Yikes, I don't hold out a lot of hope for it.

ETA: True to form, it was a gong show at my house as my daughter and I tried to save it. I am sure our new neighbours think we are nuts!
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 05-29-2008 at 10:26 AM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Happy Birthday Gustav!!

So, my Abby turned one on Monday. She was so bold last week though. Hubby and I were fighting and the very next day, she chewed a hole in our sofa cushion. Of course, they discontinued that color. I sent a piece to the company to see if they can match it. Hopefully they could.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wow, canuck, I actually find that pretty cool. I'm one of the rare people that find possums kind of cute. You should watch out, though, for any traditionally nocturnal animal that's out during the day - that's something that rabid animals do. I wouldn't worry overmuch about this youngster, though. Apparently Ontario is at a zero level for rabies these days.

By the way, out of curiousity, are you actually in the city or in one of the many outlying towns, and if so, in which direction? I know I may be sounding excessively nosy, but Mr. Rattus and I have been unofficially tracking the 'possum line since we first spotted them close to the border nearly twenty years ago. I think I may have seen one early morning in our neighbourhood (the Beaches), but it was very early and semi-dark, so I can't be sure.

Mr. Rattus, however, did spot two deer on his morning walk last weekend down by the Leslie Street Spit. It is really quite amazing how many wild animals are moving into the middle of this giant city.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Princess if freaking me out this morning. She keeps trying to get into a cupboard and when I finally move stuff so she can get in, she stops halfway and then meows, turns around and walks out. She won't lay down or get comfy. She keeps going to the stove and meowing up in the air.....there's nothing there, no bugs, no nothing. Now she's wandering around the livingroom meowing..... freaking me out big time!! I keep wondering if I should prepare for an earthquake or something!
    There are birds outside chirping loudly so I am thinking that's what has her all weirded out but it's still very very strange!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3028486;
    Wow, canuck, I actually find that pretty cool. I'm one of the rare people that find possums kind of cute. You should watch out, though, for any traditionally nocturnal animal that's out during the day - that's something that rabid animals do. I wouldn't worry overmuch about this youngster, though. Apparently Ontario is at a zero level for rabies these days.

By the way, out of curiousity, are you actually in the city or in one of the many outlying towns, and if so, in which direction? I know I may be sounding excessively nosy, but Mr. Rattus and I have been unofficially tracking the 'possum line since we first spotted them close to the border nearly twenty years ago. I think I may have seen one early morning in our neighbourhood (the Beaches), but it was very early and semi-dark, so I can't be sure.

Mr. Rattus, however, did spot two deer on his morning walk last weekend down by the Leslie Street Spit. It is really quite amazing how many wild animals are moving into the middle of this giant city.
    Rattus, that is actually the third possum we have seen, but the first in the pool! I don't think it was rabid, just young. It was happy to be out, I can tell you. We are in Oakville, not too far from the lake, which makes the dogs happy since there is a nice trail to walk them along. There is a fair amount of wildlife (besides the squirrels) and today I felt like Granny from Beverly Hillbillies..."There's a critter in the ce-ment pond."

+ Reply to Thread