+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Bunny555 - What a courageous, conscientious son you have raised. You should be very proud. How horrid that bully must be to hit a three-legged dog and mock a tired child.

Thanks everbody.....I guess you always hope your child will do the right thing but until you see it for yourself you just don't know. Update on the dog-hitting idiot. We were very curious as to what happened, if anything to the guy so my son went to the local police station after school yesterday to inquire. Seems they got a couple of other calls after ours from people who witnessed the same thing. What kind of a moron not only abuses his handicapped dog but does it while walking along a parade route in front of the entire town? Anyway, he was charged with Cruelty to Animals and the dog has been removed from his custody. I hope that little guy finds a wonderful family to love him.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3026414;
    Thanks everbody.....I guess you always hope your child will do the right thing but until you see it for yourself you just don't know. Update on the dog-hitting idiot. We were very curious as to what happened, if anything to the guy so my son went to the local police station after school yesterday to inquire. Seems they got a couple of other calls after ours from people who witnessed the same thing. What kind of a moron not only abuses his handicapped dog but does it while walking along a parade route in front of the entire town? Anyway, he was charged with Cruelty to Animals and the dog has been removed from his custody. I hope that little guy finds a wonderful family to love him.
    Oh that is good news that the dog was removed. I hope he finds a good family. Now what about the poor kid that was with the man?

What a complete idiot to do this in front of so many people. But of course he is an idiot or he wouldn't have done it.

Good for your son for doing what he did and also for following up on it too and for you for giving us the report.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Bunny: You should be very proud of your son! If only more people and children were kinder to animals and were willing to step in when abuse is seen.

trouble.jpg
    Just yesterday, I learned of a beautiful orange cat named Trouble. He was found with a crossbow arrow shaft piercing his body. It had somehow missed all vital organs, even though it had skewered the cat from tail to shoulder. Trouble is now doing very well and is expected to make a full recovery, although he was in critical condition over the weekend just after he was found. It is not known if Trouble was shot on purpose or by accident, but someone just left him. The vets figure he had been shot 24-48 hours before he was found.

I do not understand how someone could just leave this poor kitty to die a slow miserable death! This story has again enraged animal lovers here, and there is still little action being taken in charging animal abusers with laws that really speak to their crimes.

Alta. cat pierced with crossbow bolt on the mend
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

He looks like Tigger.

Those kind of people are a stone's throw away from killing or harming people. I don't understand how anyone can handle harming an animal, especially one who poses no harm or threat to anyone. Stupid people!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I'm glad Trouble is going to be ok. I don't understand people either.

I have a friend who has a cat named Trouble. I get such a kick out of saying: "here comes Trouble".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing/praying that people are lining up to adopt Trouble, when he's ready to be released. If I were in Canada, I'd definitely be in that line.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My gosh that picture of Trouble made me shudder. I'm so glad he escaped injury......"Lucky" may be a more appropriate name for him now though.

Bunny555 give your son a big hug from all us FORTers! My mom always said that I care for animals far more than I care for people. And it's true. Animals live with their hearts on their sleeves. They never lie to you. They are open and honest about how they feel. All they ask for is food, water, a play mate and hugs and skritches. And in return, they give us loyalty, friendship, an ear to talk to and a love that never quits. I so cannot stand people who abuse animals.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread