+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1384Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I always wished they made safety restraints for our babies. Maybe they do, and I'm the one in the dark. I had a kitty who liked to ride with me when I went out many, many years ago. She liked to ride in the rear window, all stretched out. Luckily, we never had a problem.

Sounds like you two have a good time hanging out together!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We do but does she ever cry when she can't go with me. I wish someone would come up with a seatbelt thing for our animals as well. My chihuahua's are my babies, well I have a 20 year old daughter and a 22 year old son but they don't like to be held and cuddled anymore?

MRD

I have seen such a thing. I can't remember where, but I bet if you googled pet restraints for the car, someone has to have them.
    I like the progressive insurance is now covering your animal if it's in the car with you when you have an accident.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3023379;
    I have seen such a thing. I can't remember where, but I bet if you googled pet restraints for the car, someone has to have them.
    I like the progressive insurance is now covering your animal if it's in the car with you when you have an accident.
    The dog safety car harness (seat belt) protects your pet during auto travel.

googled and got this. among others
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I get a kick out of playing tricks on my gurls, and playing different little games with each of them. Today, Miss Celie (my stalker gurl) was sitting around grooming herself...I mean just really all off into it. She didn't see me pick up the water pistol. I squeezed the trigger to just barely create a shot of water.........she stopped what she was doing and snatched that head all kinds of different directions trying to find out where the water had come from....totally went into stealth mode. Of course I went into innocent mode. She left my room and went into the hallway to resume her grooming. I didn't move...and out of nowhere....POW....it happened again!!! She never did figure out what the heck was going on!!! By that time, I had tears coming out of my eyes!! Shame on bad, ol' Mom!!! Poor Pooh jumped about a foot into the air!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's so funny prhoshay! You're so mean!
    Can you videotape it next time?

My son and I went to our town parade yesterday. He's 15 and had nothing better to do so I talked him into going with me. As we were waiting for the parade to start we saw two men walking toward us with a dog on a leash and a little girl. I was distracted by a bee that kept buzzing around us and turned away but looked back at them when I heard my son say "Did that guy just hit that dog?" I turned back in their direction just as the guy laid another hard slap to the dog's hind end. As they got closer to where we were sitting, I was horrified to see that this little mutt that had just been slapped twice had only three legs. The poor thing was hobbling along as fast as it could but apparently not as fast as it's buffoon owner wanted. They were about 3 feet away from us when the little girl that was with them cried and said she was tired. The guy walking the dog(who we assumed was her father) mocked her crying and loudly said to his friend "Sometimes you just want to beat them with a stick" At that point my 15 year old stood up and said he had heard and seen everything they'd done and told the guy(with cell phone in hand) to chill or he was going to call the cops. The guy (who was about 100 lbs. heavier than my son) swore at him and told him to mind his own business. Well, I happen to be blessed with a kid who has a strong sense of what's right and wrong and as soon as they walked away he did make that call. He said he wouldn't have been able to sleep if he hadn't. We don't know what happened with the guy but I'm one proud mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3024420;
    ...but I'm one proud mom.
    I can certainly understand why.

MRD

Good for your son!
    I probably couldn't have restrained myself and would have launched myself at the man and then ended up being the one arrested. I can't stand an idiot (I won't call him a man) that is mean to animals and children.
    I hope the police did something.
    But good for your son! You have a lot to be proud of.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Isn't it wonderful when our children automatically do the right things?? It shows us that they have been listening and watching the examples we have set for them, after all! Bunny!!!

Miss Chloe has, apparently, decided that she needs her own room, and that would be the family room! She will come to spend time with and/or play us if we come down there...so she's not doing that "hide because I'm dying thing". She will, come visit the rest of the house every now and then, but she has grown to really like her personal space. I've never had a kitty do this in this manner before. She's done everything a teenager might do except post a "Keep Out" or "Knock Before Entering" sign in the vicinity. This started a couple of months ago.

+ Reply to Thread