+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

BT, what a beautiful dog and bless you for adopting her.

The Greyhound I saw last week is still haunting me. I wanted to adopt him so badly, but we just cannot have 4 dogs in this house.

Unk, that story was great.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks everyone, she is so loving and sweet. She scratched me yesterday when she got a little too affectionate, and I said "ouch". I didn't raise my voice, just said it in a irritated kind of way. She got so upset, she must be really sensitive. I will have to be careful when it comes to discipline, no yelling needed. The price I paid at The Humane Society included an obedience class because they felt she was timid and it would boost her confidence and help her get bonded to me. I'm really looking forward to that.

mrd I wouldn't worry about that greyhound, if he was half as adorable as he sounded, I'm sure someone took him home. I've been watching the Humane Society website the past few weeks, and it seems like most dogs were adopted in less than a week.

gabriel While I agree with you that some people use moving as an excuse to get rid of an animal, I think it depends on where you live too. Here in Pgh it's hard to find an apartment that will take dogs. That's why even though I would like to find a place closer to work, I will probably stay put for a long time.

FORT Newbie

I have a wonderful cat that I adopted from the Animal Welfare league 6 years ago, he was 3years old at the time.... I cant understand how anyone could have surrendered him.. I also have a dog adopted as well, she was 7 months old and we have had her for 3 years.

I truly believe that the animals adopted are the most loving...

I moved the kittens from my sock drawer to my reading room off the kitchen and they are taking advantage of all the space... running around. So cute. The two Siamese are definitely white, not tan. The black one is long-haired, so a puffball on legs. Looooooove kittens. One of my most appreciated simple pleasures.
    Count your blessings!

I had to comment on modelinwaiting's post. We adopted Koji from the Humane Society from the Humane Society over a year ago, he was 5 months old at the time. I've had cats all my life but this is my first adoptee. He is the absolute cuddliest, sweetest cat I have ever known. Not a day goes by that he does not cuddle up to me, purring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by intigra;3022491;
    I had to comment on modelinwaiting's post. We adopted Koji from the Humane Society from the Humane Society over a year ago, he was 5 months old at the time. I've had cats all my life but this is my first adoptee. He is the absolute cuddliest, sweetest cat I have ever known. Not a day goes by that he does not cuddle up to me, purring.
    What a sweetie!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

this is little Abby. She is just over two years old. She loves to go for car rides with me and sit on my shoulder. I love it when she growls at the car next to ours if we are at a stop sign....she thinks she is a big dog!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3018261;
    Absolutely nothing beats having a small warm ball curled up against your lower back when sleeping.
    . . . except maybe breathing . . .

(I know what you mean, though -- way back when I was a kid in my pre-mono, pre-allergy, pre-asthma days, our family's beagle was a great heating pad!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shyra;3023057;
    this is little Abby. She is just over two years old. She loves to go for car rides with me and sit on my shoulder. I love it when she growls at the car next to ours if we are at a stop sign....she thinks she is a big dog!
    After reading your post, the first thing that came to mind about your sweetie is, 'What happens when you have to suddenly apply the brakes while you're in traffic?" or, heaven's forbid, somebody not paying attention bumps you in the rear?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3023081;
    After reading your post, the first thing that came to mind about your sweetie is, 'What happens when you have to suddenly apply the brakes while you're in traffic?" or, heaven's forbid, somebody not paying attention bumps you in the rear?
    I should rephrase that, she sits behind my neck and the seat and she is pretty good with her balance but I don't let her stay up there the whole ride. She is usually just there when we are stopped because she likes to see why we stopped

+ Reply to Thread