+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Ellen, around the 'pet beds' are only for them to stay in until I get in bed. Rocky doesn't stay all day, though.
    Gabriel, I get all the room I need in the bed--BooBoo likes to sleep ON me! At least alf the time anyway--the rest of it she is on her own pillow, and cries if I don't have it next to my head. 'Just the matress" is not soft enough, thank you.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3018319;
    Ellen, around the 'pet beds' are only for them to stay in until I get in bed. Rocky doesn't stay all day, though.
    Gabriel, I get all the room I need in the bed--BooBoo likes to sleep ON me! At least alf the time anyway--the rest of it she is on her own pillow, and cries if I don't have it next to my head. 'Just the matress" is not soft enough, thank you.
    That is Rosie. She will paw the couch cushions down to lay on top of them because apparantly the couch is not soft enough without having the other cushions on it too. If there is a blanket or jacket left laying on the sofa or chair, she will curl up on that. It's like that quarter inch of blanket makes all the difference in the softness of that particular "bed".

We laugh at her because she will scratch and paw to get things more comfortable and is always sleeping on cushions, pillows, piles of laundry, etc.
    We call her the Princess and the Pea.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Our dogs do the same thing. Simon chases me out of the laundry room so that he can sleep in a warm nest of clean laundry. Henry is obsessed with an afghan/blanket that my mom knit for me years ago. It's not like he doesn't have his own blanket and bed - lol - he has to go after MINE! Mom has "re-knit" this blanket about five or six times to repair the damage that Henry caused. She finally gave up and told me to "Tell my granddog to stop clawing up that blanket". The blanket has fringe on both ends, and we usually keep it on our couch. Henry LOVES the fringe so he is constantly trying to bury himself in the blanket and stick his long nose into the fringe.

It sounds like we all have a bunch of spoiled oets and that's just the way it should be in my opinion! Happy weekend!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3019601;
    Our dogs do the same thing. Simon chases me out of the laundry room so that he can sleep in a warm nest of clean laundry. Henry is obsessed with an afghan/blanket that my mom knit for me years ago. It's not like he doesn't have his own blanket and bed - lol - he has to go after MINE! Mom has "re-knit" this blanket about five or six times to repair the damage that Henry caused. She finally gave up and told me to "Tell my granddog to stop clawing up that blanket". The blanket has fringe on both ends, and we usually keep it on our couch. Henry LOVES the fringe so he is constantly trying to bury himself in the blanket and stick his long nose into the fringe.

It sounds like we all have a bunch of spoiled oets and that's just the way it should be in my opinion! Happy weekend!

I like spoiling my babies. They spoil me in return. Well by always being there for cuddling and comfort and things like that.

Doxie, Mr. Rosie has been chuckling all night about Henry brushing his tail over your lips while you slept. He fell asleep on the sofa with his head on the pillow where Rosie sleeps. She was NOT happy and jumped on the sofa and practically sat on his head glaring at him. She kept sniffing his face and that's what woke him up and prompted me to tell about Henry and you.
    I just sat there and watched her glare at him because he had "her" spot, it was a lot more entertaining than the crapola that was tv tonight. They are both now safely esconced in bed. She laying under the covers by his hip in her other spot.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I went to The Humane Society and adopted another dog today! She's a three-year old Dalmatian and her name is Suki (Sue-kee). She's very sweet and loving. She and Chico have hit if off quite nicely, thank goodness. Her previous owners had to give her up because they were moving and they weren't allowed to have pets at their new place. My Mom told me she heard on the news that this is happening to a lot of people who are losing their homes and moving into apartments. The crappy economy hurts everyone I guess.

Anyway, here's some pics of my new best girl.

What a big sweetie!! That's wonderful of you to adopt another.

I hate to double post, but I thought this was a cute article.

Lost Parrot Recites Address to Veterinarian | LiveScience
    Lost Parrot Recites Address to Veterinarian

By The Associated Press

TOKYO (AP) — When Yosuke the parrot flew out of his cage and got lost, he did exactly what he had been taught — recite his name and address to a stranger willing to help.

Police rescued the African grey parrot two weeks ago from a neighbor's roof in the city of Nagareyama, near Tokyo. After spending a night at the station, he was transferred to a nearby veterinary hospital while police searched for clues, local policeman Shinjiro Uemura said.

He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.

“I'm Mr. Yosuke Nakamura,” the bird told the veterinarian, according to Uemura. The parrot also provided his full home address, down to the street number, and even entertained the hospital staff by singing songs.

“We checked the address, and what do you know, a Nakamura family really lived there. So we told them we've found Yosuke,” Uemura said.

The Nakamura family told police they had been teaching the bird its name and address for about two years.

But Yosuke apparently wasn't keen on opening up to police officials.

“I tried to be friendly and talked to him, but he completely ignored me,” Uemura said.

Unk, I love that story! Also how he wouldn't talk to the cops... but then, I guess he is a parrot, not a stool pigeon.

brunette trixie- Aww, she's a sweetie! Congrats!

Suki is a beauty trixie....such a sweet face.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3020726;
    I went to The Humane Society and adopted another dog today! She's a three-year old Dalmatian and her name is Suki (Sue-kee). She's very sweet and loving. She and Chico have hit if off quite nicely, thank goodness. Her previous owners had to give her up because they were moving and they weren't allowed to have pets at their new place. My Mom told me she heard on the news that this is happening to a lot of people who are losing their homes and moving into apartments. The crappy economy hurts everyone I guess.

Anyway, here's some pics of my new best girl.

What a pretty girl! As for people moving into apartments, there are people using that as excuses to "get rid of" animals. I check apartment listings frequently and see so many that say pet friendly, or dos ok , cats ok. I simply don't buy the housing excuse.

Thank YOU for adopting this one!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread