+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #9801
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3017253;
    misskitty - that is sooo true.

    I can hardly wait for Joeys' climber thingee to come in. Here is the boy using his steps..
    Could he teach Rosie? We have a double pillowtop mattress and when its on the springs and the frame, she can't jump that high. She won't use a step stool either. So we humans sacrificed and took the frame out and the springs are on the floor so she can jump on the bed.
    We were having to pick her up and put her on the bed everytime she wanted up. She would stand there and grunt at us with a really pissy look on her face. I swear she's part cat.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  2. #9802
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3017302;
    Could he teach Rosie? We have a double pillowtop mattress and when its on the springs and the frame, she can't jump that high. She won't use a step stool either. So we humans sacrificed and took the frame out and the springs are on the floor so she can jump on the bed.
    We were having to pick her up and put her on the bed everytime she wanted up. She would stand there and grunt at us with a really pissy look on her face. I swear she's part cat.

    She must have some feline ancestry somewhere. I had to teach Joey to use his steps- he just sat there staring at it and me back & forth even though that was the ONLY was to get to the food unless he wanted to jump from the floor which he probably could have. I'll see if Joey is interested in teaching Rosie, grunt grunt.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  3. #9803
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: For animal lovers

    Joey looks slimmer already
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  4. #9804
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3017435;
    Joey looks slimmer already
    Good angle of the shot, believe me....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  5. #9805
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,130

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3017302;
    Could he teach Rosie? We have a double pillowtop mattress and when its on the springs and the frame, she can't jump that high. . .
    I know that this is an unpopular idea --
    but maybe that's because the bed/mattress was made for humans, and that cats and dogs belong in on-the-floor pet beds? ::ducking and covering::
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  6. #9806
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    "Pet" beds?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  7. #9807
    In My Nest doxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese....
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3016046;
    Well, Henry is kind of long--maybe he thought he was all the way under!
    You are correct! Henry is very long and he usualy flops over before he gets his back half under the covers. Then, he does a "sidewinder" kind of thing until he is totally covered.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

  8. #9808
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: For animal lovers

    gabriel: Joey looks like he loves his new steps. What a lucky boy!

    Pet beds....aren't those where-ever the pet lays it's head?

    Lexi adores our "pet" squirrel. Mr. Tootles loves him too. Gracie, not so much.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  9. #9809
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3017532;
    I know that this is an unpopular idea --
    but maybe that's because the bed/mattress was made for humans, and that cats and dogs belong in on-the-floor pet beds? ::ducking and covering::
    Not in this house. Mine have their own beds on the floor too. Everything is their bed around here. Their bed, my bed, my chair, the sofa.
    Absolutely nothing beats having a small warm ball curled up against your lower back when sleeping.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #9810
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3018218;
    gabriel: Joey looks like he loves his new steps. What a lucky boy!

    Pet beds....aren't those where-ever the pet lays it's head?

    Lexi adores our "pet" squirrel. Mr. Tootles loves him too. Gracie, not so much.
    misskitty -How cute is that?

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3018261;
    Not in this house. Mine have their own beds on the floor too. Everything is their bed around here. Their bed, my bed, my chair, the sofa.
    Absolutely nothing beats having a small warm ball curled up against your lower back when sleeping.

    *looks over at myrosiedog* yes yes, I had "pet" beds also at one time for both Mona & Joey, and I might as well used them myself if I could have fit. When I had a queen size bed there was just about enough space for me to get into bed without Mona going grrrrr., (yes she used to growl) However when I downsized (bad move) Mona & Joey would manage to S T R E T C H enough and in such ways to take up all the space. Now that the dear girl is no longer here, I actually have my side of the bed and Joey his. After I fall asleep after scratching the tummy and head he goes to the living room and sleeps in what is now his chair (the one that used to be Monas).. Ellen we would like to thank you for that laugh... "pet bed".
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.