+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

We had a little bit of snow yesterday here in Dallas. Don't get to see much of the white stuff more than once or twice a year, so it's picture time for the doggies.

Here's a pic of my husky, Shelby, and my cocker-spaniel, Simba, sporting his new bomber jacket. Simba is also wearing his new rockers hairstyle. I don't like the cocker-cut so I had the groomer leave the curls on his head, but she poofed it up too much.
    [IMG]images/img/smchelby.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]images/img/smSimba.jpg[/IMG]

Insane Squirrel free2b_a_skwerl's Avatar
    Awww..... they're so cute!!!!
    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt by a tumbleweed!

Nice pics Wolf! Looks like they both enjoy the snow.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

We just got a dog from the SPCA on the weekend and he's a retriever/shepardX.He's about 5 years old and this is his 4th home.The 1st home he got lost in the shuffle of a divorce,the 2nd was for 2 mos. and the 3rd was his foster home for 7 weeks.It's his 4th day here and I think he's feeling a little depressed.He's not eating and seems a little low energy.Does this sound normal?Did any of you experience this behavior with a rescue dog?
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yes..it's definitely normal jules, just keep reassurring him that he's home now. He'll warm up to you and the food once he gets the routine down.

Good luck and congratulations!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Live Cat Found In Freezer With Euthanized Animals
    Unknown If Cat Was Actually Given Deadly Shot

POSTED: 8:34 pm EST December 21, 2004
    UPDATED: 10:16 am EST December 22, 2004

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- He might still have a little frostbite around the edges, but a cat who spent time in a deep freezer is doing well.

No one would adopt the cat, so the animal shelter in West Palm Beach, Fla., scheduled him to be put to sleep.

No one is sure if he ever received the deadly shot, but he somehow ended up in the shelter's freezer, with the other euthanized animals.

Workers were stunned to find him still alive in the freezer, hours later.

He's been given a reprieve -- and a new name -- Frosty, of course.

Article can be viewed HERE.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:::sniff::: Glad the poor baby made it and found a new home!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

in banana world
    I have had my chihuahua, Lulu, for about 3 months now. And I just have to say I have never been happier. She is the most endearing thing in my life, offers the most unconditional love, loves to be petted..and even thought she isn't perfect because she can be grumpy every now and then, she is still the love of my life. I don't know what I would do without her. I tend to forget she is a dog and think she is a person...I even think she acts like a person every now and then. I have learned to read her body language and it is like I know what she is trying to tell me. My friends think I'm nuts because I love my dog so much...but truly I have just found my best friend.

I just thought I would share. And I encourage others to get a pet if they have been thinking about it, it will bring so much joy to your life.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by happybanana; 12-24-2004 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    HB, what a cute little one you got there, can see the spunkyness of her in that picture

Here are 2 pictures of my cats. I went into the kitchen this morning and this is what I saw. They've never gotten up on the cabinets before. I wonder which one discovered they could do this 1st. Probably Nola (gray cat) because Olivia is a "I just want to lie around and look pretty" cat.

toothdoc
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's too cute toothdoc. I was staying with a friend once and watched her cat jump on top of the fridge. He used the bottom door as a spring board, kicking off with his bottom feet as he jumped up. She was wondering how he managed to get to the top of the fridge as there were no counters near it for him to jump from.

+ Reply to Thread