+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

UncleDavid: Meowza! What beautiful kitties you have! I love lil'bit's gorgeous fluffy tail...Lexi is a bit jealous! Ella's fur is soooooo shiny! Did you simonize her? And Greta, of course, is so photogenic. Thank you for posting!! We missed you and your felines!

Newfherder: I miss Bjorn too. He was such a gorgeous big boy. I love the second photo. He looks very regal. Big hugs to you on what would have been his 10th birthday. I'm sure they are celebrating at Rainbow Bridge with his favorite toys and treats!
    ----

Mr. Tootles has learned, after 3 years, to jump up onto my short fence. He wanders down for a bit and then jumps into the neighbors yard. This is not good. They are renovating and there are nails, and wood and stuff everywhere. And there are no gates. So I have found my new jumping kitty out in the front yard expanding his usual walk-about. So now, he's on a harness and long leash which he is none tooo pleased with. Poor fella.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

cownose rays.jpgcownose rays,2.jpg

I feel very sad for the staff at The Calgary Zoo. They are now working with police to try to find out the cause of the mysterious deaths of 40 cownose rays at a hands-on exhibit. There are only 3 rays left alive and they may not survive.

Test results from an independent local lab released early Wednesday show the water chemistry of the ray pool was within acceptable ranges. Analysis included checking levels of ammonia, dissolved oxygen, pH, salinity and the levels of other minerals. Initial tests, however, are not able to identify possible toxins in the water.

Zoo officials have said they will not rule out the possibility that a foreign substance may have been added to the water, but downplayed it as unlikely, even though police have launched an investigation. There is a chance a visitor may have added something toxic to the water.

My heart goes out to these beautiful, peaceful, creatures and those who care for them. I would be absolutely furious to learn that someone intentially poisoned their environment, causing their deaths. I would have liked to have visited their unique interactive pool. Now, I doubt it will be possible.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3001405;
    Bjorn would have turned 10 today. I miss my boy

Such a beautiful boy Newf.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Awww, Newf. He really was beautiful. Just remember that's galivanting about today in a meadow and feeling great.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3001405;
    Bjorn would have turned 10 today. I miss my boy
    Oh Newfherder, you know I feel your pain. He was so handsome.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

What a good lookin' boy! I'm so sorry, Newfherder.

My condolences also, Newf.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Feel better, Newf.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3001344;
    Doxie, Rosie wants to know if you'd come hold the umbrella for her. She hates to go out in the rain, but I don't use the umbrella with her. She just does her business quickly and hurries back inside. Better than the sunny days when she must sniff every inch of the yard before picking a spot.
    You should get Queen Rosie a raincoat! A few years ago we were at a block party and a sudden thunderstorm came up. Then we heard howling and everyone was wondering who had such a loud dog. It finally dawned on me that it was Henry (we'd left both dogs in the fenced back yard), so I ran through the rain to rescue him. I found him standing under our patio table howling at the top of his lungs.

Newf - I know you're missing your boy on his birthday. Thoughts are with you!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3003127;
    You should get Queen Rosie a raincoat! A few years ago we were at a block party and a sudden thunderstorm came up. Then we heard howling and everyone was wondering who had such a loud dog. It finally dawned on me that it was Henry (we'd left both dogs in the fenced back yard), so I ran through the rain to rescue him. I found him standing under our patio table howling at the top of his lungs.
    Newf - I know you're missing your boy on his birthday. Thoughts are with you!

Poor Poor Henry. doxie, you manage to put Henry into some predicaments, don't you? We all know that Henry would not just do these things for attention.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread