+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Oh POOR Waldo... big goof. we love him.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Miss Chloe, I suspect, has OCD about smooth, slick surfaces. For months, I have watched her stroke and stroke and stroke the glass doors (usually when I'm on the opposite side of them), my computer screen, and paper bags...both the kind with the slick sheens and large brown paper bags. I usually redirect her (with a little tail squeeze, or two) when she starts with my computer screen, but when she starts with the glass doors, she looks like she's swimming up from the bottom of an extremely deep pool. So far, this hasn't really caused a problem (she is front declawed), but I've never experienced any of my kitties doing this. Anybody else seen this kind of behavior?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Poor guy was too scared after that to go outside.
    He "went" when the fan and mirror crashed down on him
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD - I hope Waldo recovers from his big scare soon. He sounds like such an entertaining dog!

Prhoshay - I don't have cats, but our elderly Jack Russell went through a hideous phase of constantly licking our hardwood floors and pacing. Our vet put him on some mild medication and he pretty much stopped that behavior. His licking and pacing weren't hurting the floors but the constant slurping noises were pretty damn annoying and we were glad when he stopped doing that! Maybe hanging a towel or something over your computer monitor would keep Miss Chloe away from it. Good luck!

It rained all day today and our dogs were NOT happy about going outside. I am ashamed to admit this, but I actually got an umbrella and walked around the backyard holding the umbrella over those two spoiled dogs while they did their business. As soon as they got back inside, Henry headed straight for our bed and hid under the covers until Mr. Doxie got home.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Doxie, Rosie wants to know if you'd come hold the umbrella for her. She hates to go out in the rain, but I don't use the umbrella with her. She just does her business quickly and hurries back inside. Better than the sunny days when she must sniff every inch of the yard before picking a spot.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3000554;
    Miss Chloe, I suspect, has OCD about smooth, slick surfaces. For months, I have watched her stroke and stroke and stroke the glass doors (usually when I'm on the opposite side of them), my computer screen, and paper bags...both the kind with the slick sheens and large brown paper bags. I usually redirect her (with a little tail squeeze, or two) when she starts with my computer screen, but when she starts with the glass doors, she looks like she's swimming up from the bottom of an extremely deep pool. So far, this hasn't really caused a problem (she is front declawed), but I've never experienced any of my kitties doing this. Anybody else seen this kind of behavior?
    Mine are declawed too, and they sort of do the same thing. I don't have glass doors, but Rocky does that on smooth wooden doors or the wall over my dresser, and BooBoo does it on my slick leather sofa or of all things, me! I think they still have the urge to go through the motions of claw sharpening, but who knows? Maybe Cloe has decided it just feels good to let her feet slide like that. Boo Boo seems to do it when she's happy about something, like right when I get home. Mine don't do it for long periods of time though, just ten seconds or so usually. Rocky does sometimes get a little 'stuck' on my closet door, but the has that weird nerve thing going on anyway--I just try to get his attention onto something else at those times.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Joey does it on paper bags, and doors also. I did read somewhere years ago, that they are not "sharpening" their claws (even when they have them) but putting the scent from their pads onto the surface.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Bjorn would have turned 10 today. I miss my boy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3001405;
    He was a damn good lookin' boy Newf.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3001405;
    He was beautiful Newf......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread