+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

OK, it's my turn now. I want to say that when Uncle David showed me pictures of that adorable, really white Lil Bit, that I asked if she was part Siamese. That white, gorgeous kitty showed slight Siamese markings...ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! What a gorgeous girl!!! You will have to check through with him for confirmation, but I'm pretty sure that's what I saw! I was hooked!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've been wonsering where Uncle David is--hopefully he's just busy with something. I'm looking back at those pictures and can't really see anything on my monitor other that a tan spot on top of Lil Bit's head.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2986517;
    I've been wonsering where Uncle David is--hopefully he's just busy with something. I'm looking back at those pictures and can't really see anything on my monitor other that a tan spot on top of Lil Bit's head.
    He has been on the site, hasn't posted since the 5th of March however. Come back Uncle David.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

An interesting article answering the ages old question: Are cats promiscuous? It says that "cats just want to survive". I starting singing that line to the music of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! (too many cold meds me thinks)
    Are Cats Promiscuous? : Pets : Living : Lifestyle : Sympatico / MSN

komondor puppies.jpgkomondor.jpg
    I saw a for sale ad for Hungarian Komondor puppies. They were all white with black noses so I had to look them up. Lo and behold, they are what I call rope dogs! These pupppies are too cute, non-allergic and non-shedding! My kitties, however, would not approve. I`ve never seen those dogs as puppies. Meowza. So cute!

queenb and gabriel: I miss Uncle David too. He's probably wandering the Vegas mountains with tourists these days. Or maybe he`s sick wid a bad code like me.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I've talked to UncleDavid lately and he's doing well...life outside of FORT has been keeping him busy...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Follow the link and tell me if Joey would like this -

Cat Tower - Condo Cat Tower

or this -

Crazy Cat Condo Tree

And I am buying this also - (besides the condo or the tree)

Pet Stairs - 3 Steps Pet Stair

Also thinking of this --

Big Cat House with Roof-Top Balcony, great big cat house
    - The Dean Martin Show -

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Animals scratching up my deck furniture!

Ok animal lovers,

I'm not loving ALL animals right now. There are some critters (I think a stray cat maybe, although I suppose it could be squirrels/skunks/raccoons) that are using my deck furniture as a scratching post. Last year, it shredded up four of my chair cushions. This year, it's already scratched up the cover of one of my chairs and scratched the teak legs on one of the chairs.

A raccoon used to use our deck as a toilet (vile creature that it is!) and I read that putting moth balls near there will keep them away. I did that and so far, so good on that front. But I'd like to prevent whatever is scratching up my cushions from doing that again...

Any hints? I'd like something that won't hurt Corky (my cat)...(and don't worry--he HATES moth balls and never goes near them...) Thanks all!

Lois, do you think those pet sprays like "Stay Off" would work? As for the moth balls, in my case they didn't work AT ALL. I had a slew of stray cats coming into my fenced yard and the moth balls did nothing to keep them out but sure messed up my sinuses from the smell. Maybe I didn't use them right. Should I have placed them all along the perimeter of my yard, kind of like a protection circle?

On a different topic, I finally learned my lesson about feeding strays. As much as I feel badly for them, they reproduce like crazy and are extremely hard to catch. I was able to catch a few and take them to the shelter but I felt guilty that they might get put to sleep . I placed an ad but nobody wanted feral cats.

gabriel, I'm sure Joey would love any of those kitty condos! I like the first and last one the best. I have a simple two story tubular one for my cat and she doesn't use it as much as when I first got it. But considering the cost of it, I'm always happy when I see her laying on the top. She doesn't go into the cubby holes to play though like she used to.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-12-2008 at 07:29 PM.

Moth balls fumes are deadly poison to cats, dogs, birds, and cause nerve damage in humans.

I can't say I have any good ideas for you Lois - Sorry
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Try a dryer sheet. From the forwarded e-mails I get, they seem to be the magic cure for everything. You could put them under the cushions

+ Reply to Thread