+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I was there yesterday, and you'll have to go to Koffee Klatch to read about whom all I saw! Yes...that broke my heart yesterday when Eight Belles went down. I can't stand to see an animal in pain, and it was just unbelievable. I remember how affected I was when Barbaro broke his leg. I was, actually, physically ill. My heart hurt....and then to see all of this happen yesterday...I grew up around thoroughbreds. Grandfather was a trainer. Catholic school chick during the week.....Stable chick (mucking out stalls and riding, non-stop) on the weekends. Thought hotwalking was the only life to live, and that everybody who did this led the most wonderful life in the world! NOT! I really miss those days, and I think all kids should get a chance to experience times like that. This is where I developed my love of kitties. We'd climb up to the hay loft to visit with/play with the mamas and their babies. This was also the grandfather who named every dog Brownie...no matter what his color! OK, so....he was a little different.....

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2967586;
    Did anyone here watch the Kentucky Derby yesterday? I'm not a big horse lover (I'm intimidated by them) but they are gorgeous animals.

It broke my heart yesterday when they had to put Eight Belles down...the only filly in the race and right after running the race of her life against those male horses (and coming in 2nd place!!!!!!) they had to euthanize her out on the track because she broke both of her front ankles. The vet said it was a freakish accident and he had never heard of it happening but there wasn't any other option because she didn't have the front legs to stand on for support.

One minute I'm cheering her on and the next minute I'm sitting there bawling in front of the TV because they had to put her down. I know it was the humane thing to do but all I could think about was how exhilarated she must have felt knowing she had done well in the race and then to suddenly be in excruciating pain and not understand what was going on.....it makes me cry again just thinking about it......
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2965069;
    You wanna bet? They are probably giving Grampa all kinds of grief.
    I heard that the other night, my Dad got up to use the bathroom. He didn't bother turning on the lights, and as he was getting his "business" done, Lexi popped up from sleeping in the bathroom sink and scared the daylights outta him! LOL What a little devil she is!

Mr. Tootles is very scared to go outside now. There's been construction work in the alley behind my house and noise from next door's home renovations. Gracie was also scared but went out for a little sun and grass to munch with my twin sinister near by. So I'll have to give them lots of lovings and kisses when I return.

Darn them Construction Monsters!! They are scaring my sweet kittehs!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Miss Kitty: Henry is in the same situation with the construction monsters! Our neighbors behind us are having a new roof put on their house and Henry is terrified of all of the noise. I'm not that fond of it either since they start working at 7am about 30 feet from my bedroom window!

Simon and Henry both spent the weekend at the vet while Mr. Doxie's parents and brother/sil visited us. We did retrieve the dogs from the vet on Sunday night so that Mr. Doxie's parents could spend a little bit of time with their "granddogs" and they enjoyed that.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

The neighbors motorcyle is terrifying Rosie.

Mr. Rosie left his hoodie on the sofa and then left for another business trip. Rosie hasn't slept anywhere else except on top of the hoodie. I hate to move it. She won't let Bogie come near it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2974226;
    The neighbors motorcyle is terrifying Rosie.

Mr. Rosie left his hoodie on the sofa and then left for another business trip. Rosie hasn't slept anywhere else except on top of the hoodie. I hate to move it. She won't let Bogie come near it.
    GRRRRRRRRR!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2974231;
    GRRRRRRRRR!
    You got it exactly. She is protective of daddy's hoodie now.

Waldo killed a bird. I couldn't believe it. Usually all the animals are faster than Waldo, but this one didn't hear him coming and he got to it before I could even tell what was going on. I felt so bad and he got yelled at. I didn't tell my daughter as I knew she'd be upset. Big dummy. Why'd he have to go and do that.

He probably just wanted to "play"! And he might have been upset that playtime was over so soon!

Imagine Waldo's surprise when his "playmate" stopped playing!!!

My kitties are just loving the warmer weather. I've had the windows open, and they just run from one windowsill to another!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Miss Sashay tries, by every means possible, to wrestle my cell phone or cordless phone from my had when I try to make a call from the bedroom. I wish you could see her tackling my arm and throwing her body weight against my hand and biting at my phone antenna! I get tickeled and we really end up in a tussle!! Not bad for an old gurl! She's about 12 years old!! Yay, Sashay!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Come to think of it, he was kind of bewildered. I don't think he's ever caught anything before so was surprised and then was very hang dog looking when he got yelled at.

+ Reply to Thread