+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2934427;
    I hope we get an update on Duncan soon!

Our almost 15 year old JRT, Simon, jumped off of a chair tonight and didn't quite stick his landing on the hardwood floor. He landed on his face/chin and he bit his tongue. We were worried that he could have brokeh his jaw or some of his teeth. He seemed stunned after his accident, but we fed him and he ate normally and also drank some water and went outside with Henry. We are glad that he is ok - he's been to the emergency animal clinic twice in the last saix months and we do NOT want to end up there again.
    Thank you so much everyone for the good wishes being sent our way.

Yes prhoshay his appetite has been ok. There were just a couple of days where he just kind of picked around at his food and he will go outside to eliminate. Our vet contacted us over the week-end and recommended that we take him to someone else for a second opinion. I had already decided to do that but I appreciated the fact that she was concerned enough to recommend that. We were lucky to get an appointment with someone this afternoon. He had a nice little run around the yard this morning with the other dogs and seems to be in good spirits so far, if a little less peppy than usual.

Doxie, I'm glad Simon survived his fall none the worse for wear.
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Glad to hear you've got a great vet that is more concerned about her patients than her own ego. This case must really go home with her at night. You and Duncan are very lucky!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

doxie: I'm sorry to hear that Simon bit his tongue. Maybe some jello will make him feel better. Do dogs like jello?

Bunny: What a great vet you have to advise you to get a second opinion. Still sending good healing energy to yur Duncan!
    -------

Yesterday, the most amazing thing happened. I walked into my bedroom and found Mr. Tootles in bed with Gracie!! They never, and I mean never, share my bed for nappies. I was just so happy!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My houseguest Henry is back at his real home tonight. His real name is Elvis and his owner was so happy that he was OK. It was really cute to see how excited Elvis got when his owner's car showed up to take him home.

I'm very happy that Elvis is back at his real house, but I miss him! It's amazing how quickly you get attached to pets. My mom said this is for the best because Elvis is back where he belongs, and I still have a spot at home for a dog who needs a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2935761;
    My houseguest Henry is back at his real home tonight. His real name is Elvis and his owner was so happy that he was OK. It was really cute to see how excited Elvis got when his owner's car showed up to take him home.

I'm very happy that Elvis is back at his real house, but I miss him! It's amazing how quickly you get attached to pets. My mom said this is for the best because Elvis is back where he belongs, and I still have a spot at home for a dog who needs a new home.

I'm happy Elvis is back at home. I'm sure the owners were appreciative of what you did for him, I know I would be, that was very kind of you.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2935761;

Trixie how wonderful you found his owners. I'm sure he and they were happy.
    And like firestorm said, now you have room in your home for another dog that needs a home.
    Bless you for being such an angel and taking good care of Henry/Elvis while he was lost.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2935152;
    doxie: I'm sorry to hear that Simon bit his tongue. Maybe some jello will make him feel better. Do dogs like jello?
    [
    Simon will eat anything. He and Henry are like little garbage disposals although I do try to limit the "human food" that they get. Simon gets cheese with his meds every night. Henry and I share the occasional lunch - we both love cottage cheese, so I give him a small spoon of that every once in awhile.

I'm glad that your kitties are getting along better!

I'm also happy to hear that Duncan is doing well and getting a second opinion. We did that a few years ago and we just LOVE our new vet. We take both of the boys to a vet that specializes in older animals. Simon (almost 15) is the oldest canine patient that they have. Henry is about 10 (he's adopted so we don't know for sure) and he's done really well under their care as well.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Mine will eat anything but mushrooms. And if I drop lettuce, and there is more than one dog in the kitchen, then they will eat it just because they don't want the other dog to get it. But normally, they wouldn't give lettuce a 2nd thought.

We had a dog that I once gave some cotton candy too. The look on her face was priceless. She had been begging, I gave it to her and well, you know how cotton candy melts, well she was very confused, you could sed it in her face "where'd it go, I just had something and its now gone".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's great trixie that you reunited the pup with his family. We found a schnauzer walking down the middle of a busy road one night and took him home, put up posters throughout the neighborhood, at the Dairy Queen, etc. This was obviously a full bred, very well taken care of dog. He was deaf. When someone called to claim him I asked them to tell me about him, any specific colorings, marks etc. To prove it really was their dog. The lady asked if we noticed he was deaf. When they came to pick him up he was so happy to see his family, I swear he was crying. . He was an older dog and he slept in a closet. The woman had gone outside, he went out behind her and she didn't notice it. She didn't realize he was gone until the next morning. Her and her kids were crying like crazy when they picked him up.

Lexi Licks a snowflake

Gracie and Mr. Tootles absorbe some vitamin D from the Sun!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread