+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm;2930306;
    Thanks all of you. Still crying. Extremely depressed. Going through the house and seeing all the different little spots she used to lay and sleep is so heart wrenching. Ugh, I have got to get myself together.
    Let the healing process take it's due course. In Jan 2007 when I had my dear sweet Mona laid to rest I grieved for a long time and to this day I still miss her tremendously even though I still have Joey who has totally adapted to being an only cat. (whoops- child) Try to remember the good things and time will lessen the pain. There must be one thing that especially stands out that could make you smile. I have "The Look" which gives me and many others pleasure to no end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2930778;
    Let the healing process take it's due course. In Jan 2007 when I had my dear sweet Mona laid to rest I grieved for a long time and to this day I still miss her tremendously even though I still have Joey who has totally adapted to being an only cat. (whoops- child) Try to remember the good things and time will lessen the pain. There must be one thing that especially stands out that could make you smile. I have "The Look" which gives me and many others pleasure to no end.
    Ah, the Look. Wish I could perfect it like Mona. I think I came close this week with all those unruly children I had to deal with.
    Think I'll wear my Mona shirt today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

FireStorm, you have a heart full of sympathy coming your way. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's very hard to adjust to life without that special furry friend who brought so much joy to your household.

An update on the little cat formally known as "Ginger". The name Ginger didn't fit her...as in walks "gingerly". She's a little bulldozer. No matter what I named her, "Claire" still kept wanting to come out of my mouth. "Here Cl-Emily...here Cl-etc. etc. etc.". Since I couldn't seem to drop the "Cl" sound, I decided to name her Chloe. I called her Clairey a few times, but she's Chloe and only Chloe now. She's beautiful, sweet, rambunctious, and just a complete and total delight.

She's more like a goat than a cat, in that she wants to eat anything she finds...scraps of paper, paper clips, lint, dust bunnies...you name it, she'll try to eat it. My apartment has never been so clean since Chole moved in. For the first month, what I mostly said was "what are you eating??!!!". She also loves water. She wants to get in the shower, or hang by the edge of the sink when I do dishes. I've never seen cat behavior like hers before. I call her "mama's little weirdo"...she just calls me "weirdo". We love each other big time.

That is so good to hear, lopev. I am glad you found a new friend to give your love to. She sounds wonderful...and weird. I hvae never known a cat that likes water either.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

lopevian- How WONDERFUL for you and Chloe! I had a Tabby years ago and that girl loved to swim in the tub, sleep in the sink and eat cheese.

by dagwood:
    She sounds wonderful...and weird.
    Thanks dagwood! I'm used to cats shredding paper, not eating it.

by gabriel:
    I had a Tabby years ago and that girl loved to swim in the tub, sleep in the sink and eat cheese.
    Glad to know Chloe has company! I plug the sink, and let the water run very slowly so she can play with the water. Then, I'll use the water to water the plants. Once a week, she's in a state of nirvana.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Firestorm, my heart is with you.

lopevian , my Chloe Elizabeth regularly dines on Kleenex. My Abigail Michelle regularly dined on toilet tissue. Nothing worse than trying to use toilet tissue with kitty's teeth holes all in it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Firestorm: My sincerest condolences on the loss of your beloved kitty!
    I have told my Snowflake to find Mona and the others over at Rainbow Bridge to look for her and give her a sweet welcoming hug! Wow. Sixteen years is very good for a kitty. I lost my Snowy at 14 but she had years of heart problems. I miss her everyday. That will never change. I'm sure that you will find in time, that your memories of your dear kitty bring you smiles rather than tears.

roseskid: My goodness! What beautiful photos of your hummingbird and baby! Did you have to set your camera on super duper fast speed in order to catch those shots?
    -------

My Lexi aka Peanut aka Holy Terror, managed to chew off her lovely kitty charm around her neck. I have looked but haven't found it. I hope she didn't swallow it. I cleaned out the litter box a few times already.

Last edited by misskitty; 04-19-2008 at 02:46 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Firestorm I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sending good thoughts your way while you grieve.
    Yup, with donuts!!

prhoshay! You've got a kitty named Chloe, too! We'll have to compare notes.

+ Reply to Thread