+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2928452;
    It won't be long before people have to be chipped for security and banking and such, and you will have to micro-chip your kids too to prove you haven't abducted somebody elses!
    No one is putting the mark of the beast on me! :nono If I had a dog or a cat that ran free I would consider putting a chip in them but I don't need Big Brother monitoring my every move.

I don't plan on ever getting microchipped either Unk! My kitties don't go out either, so we will all stay in the Stone Age here, thank you!

It's officially spring--my bluebirds are on the first set of eggs for the year - I haven't sneaked a peek to see how many yet. They had FOUR sets of babies last year!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2928452;
    There was a tv show where young adults were actually "chipped" so they could enter a bar without having ID and money. The chip was scanned to ensure they were of drinking age, and scanned whenever they ordered drinks. The bill showed up on their credit cards to pay later. I don't think that is going to be far off in the future.
    There is going to be a lot of defaulting on credit card bills.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2928610;
    There is going to be a lot of defaulting on credit card bills.
    I was thinking the same. I need to know exactly how much I'm spending. I'm afraid a chip would make me over spend. Way overspend.

But I do think its a good idea for animals.

Just did the marathon dog walking this morning. I will be so glad when hubby gets back next week as he shares this with me. I love my dogs, but the early morning outside experience is not something I'm really alert enough for. But it does get me going better than coffee!!!! I come back in with the blood pumping. I don't go out that way, but they wake me up in about 10 seconds of morning antics.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2928580;
    No one is putting the mark of the beast on me! :nono If I had a dog or a cat that ran free I would consider putting a chip in them but I don't need Big Brother monitoring my every move.
    Not microchipping me, either. It is fine for animals in case they get lost but not me, uh uh, no way.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What about microchipping for Alzheimer's patients?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2929301;
    What about microchipping for Alzheimer's patients?
    That would certainly help find those who go missing because they get lost!

I think we should micro-chip criminals!! And everytime they walk into a store between the magnetic things for shoplifting, a buzzer can go off, so you know a thug is amongst you!! Same with if they enter a school, or bus, or taxi!!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2929619;
    That would certainly help find those who go missing because they get lost!

I think we should micro-chip criminals!! And everytime they walk into a store between the magnetic things for shoplifting, a buzzer can go off, so you know a thug is amongst you!! Same with if they enter a school, or bus, or taxi!!

Florida passed a law for sexual offenders that requires them to wear a GPS device upon release from prison.

If I had a relative with Alzheimers, I would consider a chip or GPS because those that do wander off can be found before something happens.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well.......I know I don't post here much in the animal thread....but I thought about this thread today cuz I know you guys love animals and understand my pain.....Long story short, today has been hell. We had to put down our 16 year old kitty. I was there the day she was born, and it's pretty unreal she's not here anymore. I'm crying as I type, & it's obviously a good thing that she's no longer in pain, but our hearts are broken.

Aw, FireStorm, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear kitty. It's so tough having to say goodbye to our pets - I hope your good memories will sustain you in the days and weeks to come.

I snapped another picture this morning of our mama and baby hummingbird - they are so sweet together.

Here's a male checking out the nest - I'm not quite sure what's going on but he didn't seem to be threatening.

Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread