+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2920255;
    Thanks, AJane. Mr. Rattus had made that same suggestion, but I wasn't sure if it was viable and I've been trying to work out some sort of bag-taped-to-the-door thing in order to keep mail from landing in the box *blechh*. Fortunately we use the back door as our main entry so we won't have to deal with shoving a box o' turds out of the way every time we come in. However, I am kind of dreading the slow march of the (third) litter box from the front door, down the hall, across the living room, through the kitchen and down the basement stairs to its final resting place. But better than regularly shampooing poop out of the rug, I guess .

Actually, when you say "slowly move", how far and how often did you move the box?
    Depends on your house...our basement stairs were right off our front door landing, so we went from the entrance, to the landing at the bottom of the stairs, to the designated spot in the basement. From how you describe your layout, I would go from the front door, to the hallway, to the kitchen, and then to the basement. I would give Lincoln 2-3 days in each spot (maybe a shorter time in the kitchen ) just to make sure he's consistently using it. I think he'll figure it out quickly. And hey, maybe the heart-to-heart had some effect on him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD

Well in the world of breakfast treats for dogs, Rosie managed to snag half a pancake last night. Half a rather LARGE pancake. Bogie is feeling leftout. Waldo got the waffle, Rosie the pancake and the Bogster is left out of the breakfast food dash. My daughter made breakfast for dinner last night and left her plate with the half pancake on the side table. Miss Rosie helped herself right up on the sofa and to the plate. I caught her, just as she jumped down and RAN with it. She is such a sneak. I have to wonder how many plates she's done that too in that same spot?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Plenty I am sure.. Mona used to steal grilled cheese sandwich halves, fast little girl she was.

Rattus, Boo Boo went anywhere but the box when I first got her. What I did was put her in my smallest room with the floor covered in paper, and put 2 brand new boxes with litter in there. It only took a few days for her to start using the boxes every time. Also, to begin with she would not use a bow rocky had been in, but now does sometimes. I also figured out she poops about the same time every morning, so not to have her out of the room at that time.
    Speaking of Booboo, we just got back from the vet--she got a shot and more drops for the conjunctivitis (eye trouble)--Oh boy, more eye drop fun. If anyone has a suggestion to make it easier to put the drops in, I'd like to know...pleasee!
    I also had him do the anal gland thing recently discussed here...yuck. The vet said he has never seen that much discharge-people, don't wait till your animal is 12 years old to be treated!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Oh boy, more eye drop fun. If anyone has a suggestion to make it easier to put the drops in, I'd like to know...pleasee!
    How is your aim with a squirt gun?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2921099;
    How is your aim with a squirt gun?
    Sure!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gabriel, BooBoo wants to know where she can get a pair of those.
    The vet showed me how to put the drops in- by grabbing the scruff of her neck and pulling her head back, and doing it real fast--it worked great for him, as he's had years of experience. For me, it worked "OK" . I don't think it will take too many times before BooBoo won't be facing away from me, ever, so I can sneak up. This better work fast.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Just had to post this cutie;

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2920169;
    Here is a cute picture of Jaxi - Mike put her lips up around her underbite.

She doenst' seem fazed by it at all!
    I'm in love with that precious face PGM
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2922589;
    I'm in love with that precious face PGM
    Jaxi's a sweetie alright! She is a cuddle bug and loves to get close. Thanks for the comment!

+ Reply to Thread