+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Aww, how cute!!

The Hummingbird pictures are wonderful!

I'm so glad that shelters are opening for the ;ets of abuse victims and also for hurricane evacuees. Pets are part of the family and deserve to have a safe place to go in a bad situation. One of our shelters has started a long term board/foster home program for military men and women who are being deployed and have no one to look after their furry friends. Last week they showed a Marine who was turning his cat over to their care and this little old lady who had volunteered to be the cat's foster mother while the Marine was deployed.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

That little hummingbird must not be much bigger than a bee! . Thanks, Roses!

I'm glad to hear that people are helping the military pets--if I had more room I'd volunteer to take a couple.

I've got a small problem that I wonder if anyone else has had to deal with. When I got BooBoo, the former owner told me that she sometimes as a problem with her eyes that requires drops be put in--well, it has flared up. As it turn out, the little bottle of drops only had a very little in it, so i'll have to take BooBoo to the vet Monday. The problem is this--putting eyedrops in a kitty with half-closed, light sensitive eyes is about three times as much fun as giving oral medicines. I did manage to get the remaining drops in BooBoo's eyes, but it's supposed to be done a few times a day, and BooBoo has been hating to even be picked up the whole day and a half since the first treatment--cries, struggles, etc. . Never mind that she squinches her eyes tightly shut when I try to even position her to look at them. She's acting sort of better now, but I'm sure that when I point the eye medicine at her that will all go out the window. Poor kitty!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

gabriel: Yes, that is Lexi's little hardness. She managed to slip out of the middle part.

I forgot to mention that I'm glad that Joseph became "brilliant white" after losing the smokers. You should package that, and sell it in pet stores!

**New and Improved Brilliant White Animal Glow....take the tar out of your pet's fur today! For cats, dogs, birds, ferrets, and bunnies. Let your pet GLOW today** I'd buy it, wouldn't you?

queenb: You are indeed an angel to be taking care of BooBoo so well!

brunette trixie: That's a great idea! I might just pass that along to my MP! Do you have a copy of the wording or anything?

roses: Oh my! Such teeny weeny tiny birdies! How amazing! I went to Canadian Tire and they had a little hummingbird feeder on for only $2.99 so I bought it! The best part is it's purple and pink-- my house colors! It's way too cold still to put it up outside.

prhoshay: ..moving boobies....

Update on Gracie: She had a bad day the other day; her "brother and sister" were both ganging up on her and wanted to play. She was getting stressed again so I let her outside without the others, and then let them out with her in the house. Sometimes I need to do things like that. I thought of calling the vet, but by the next day, she was back to her usual "grumpy" and "complaining" self. She's had a couple of better days since. Thank you so much for asking, gabriel.
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-13-2008 at 01:26 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

One of the local college professors here (Wright State University) is conducting a survey on pet dogs and their owner's relationship with them.

He needs as diverse a group as possible, so if you would like the link to the survey, please PM me and I will send it to you.

I KNOW I am attached to my dog. I work from home and he is my constant companion. I start feeling guilty about 2 weeks before vacations. Mothers guilt - it's awful.
    My kids manage to watch him now, but I was so worried about what to do when they aren't around.

and we just saw they are building a PETSUITES near us. It should be open in the next year. I can almost deal with that. Kennels - no way. He has never been in a kennel since we brought him home from the store 7 years ago.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

? for cat owners

Corky (my cat) has taken to pooping outside his litter box when we go away on vacations. If only one of us is gone, he's OK and uses his litter box just like normal. The only time he goes outside his litter box is when we're both gone (even if it's just for one full day/night). It's rather gross, as you can imagine, and it doesn't make life easy for our catsitter (he knows our catsitter and they get along really well together). Has anyone experienced anything like this with their pets and, if so, were you able to remedy it? The droppings were at random sites, but this last time it was pretty close to his feeding area, which I found weird (and, again, gross)...

Re: ? for cat owners

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2917804;
    Corky (my cat) has taken to pooping outside his litter box when we go away on vacations. If only one of us is gone, he's OK and uses his litter box just like normal. The only time he goes outside his litter box is when we're both gone (even if it's just for one full day/night). It's rather gross, as you can imagine, and it doesn't make life easy for our catsitter (he knows our catsitter and they get along really well together). Has anyone experienced anything like this with their pets and, if so, were you able to remedy it? The droppings were at random sites, but this last time it was pretty close to his feeding area, which I found weird (and, again, gross)...
    Your Corky is doing it to get back at you for leaving. Seriously. He's just that pissed that you've left him. My cats have done the same thing, though when we were gone last summer, they behaved fine. I guess they like the neighbour girl who was coming in to feed them (she babysits my daughters as well, so I assume that as they knew her, they didn't feel abandoned). But if your cat likes his sitter, then I don't think there's much you can do, except hope that he gets over it eventually.

Is the cat-sitter in the house every day when you're gone? If she isn't, maybe it would help to have her in daily.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: ? for cat owners

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2917851;
    Your Corky is doing it to get back at you for leaving. Seriously. He's just that pissed that you've left him. My cats have done the same thing, though when we were gone last summer, they behaved fine. I guess they like the neighbour girl who was coming in to feed them (she babysits my daughters as well, so I assume that as they knew her, they didn't feel abandoned). But if your cat likes his sitter, then I don't think there's much you can do, except hope that he gets over it eventually.

Is the cat-sitter in the house every day when you're gone? If she isn't, maybe it would help to have her in daily.
    That's what I figured, too. I was hoping someone would have a cure all! Our catsitter is around all the time to visit with us when we're home, so Corky knows who she is and really adores her. And she comes every day when we're gone and plays with him -- so it's not just her feeding him and then running out.

I remember a friend telling me that when she looked after her friend's cat--who knew her and liked her--the cat would get really angry and agitated when it was just the two of them. Sometimes he would just look at her (my friend) and throw up on cue!

only cure all is to put papers all over the place... but even then he'll find a paperless spot... he's pissed off... I knew a cat that would barf on cue also- one of my friends had a short term "affair" the first day the cat met the affair -- ACK! -- each time the cat saw the affair until it ended.

Several years ago, I needed to put our dog to sleep. We had an oven with a white glass top and the kids were constantly getting in trouble for spilling juice and not cleaning it up. They of course would all deny it and it took several weeks before before I finally caught the culprit. Our seven year old cat had decided to start urinating on the stove! I was horrified and disgusted. Our vet said it was most likely caused by the loss of her friend. The last time she saw him, he was leaving with me and I never brought him back. What better way to get back at me than to pee on my stove! Gross! She never forgave me either and eventually we had to be parted.

+ Reply to Thread