+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Lil Lexi is just so smart. The other day, she figured out she could push her wee little pink nosie against my roll-out screen door (Phantom) and get out! I couldn't believe it! Four kitties and she's the one that figures it out. Well, today I discovered it works both ways....she was able to force herself into the porch from outside because she wanted in! I have no idea what I'm going to do now. The screen door was the perfect solution for getting fresh air into the house without the kitties being outside on leashes.
    I have to say this about the girly cats, and totally no offense to the dude cats (I am the happy roommate of three of them after all), they are smart. We have a magnetic cat door so the boys can come and go without other cats getting into the house. There are two girlies nearby, Mischka who lives next door, and Marti, who lives over the road. They have both figured out how to ever so delicately lift the door using a single extended claw, slip their head underneath and slide their whole body in. The only dude who ever figured out how to get in without the magnet is Lincoln, who would keep beating and beating on the flap with his boulder-like head until the catch gave way (he has his own magnet now). No where near as smart as the girly cats.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2908655;
    yes, my dogs ARE spoiled.

and that is why you are special

Well, it was only a matter of time. I have been busy unpacking boxes for the last week, and my Mastiff decided to jump in the little pond we have on the property while I was busy. Boy, she was so proud of herself as she stood at the sliding glass doors reeking of swampy, leafy, water. There is supposed to be Koi in there but I don't know if they have much of a chance, poor things. Why do dogs like to smell so awful? Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2909407;
    Why do dogs like to smell so awful? Sigh.
    If you find out the answer, would you let me know? My dog has only been to the beach a few times. She was in hog heaven each time. She was especially pleased the time she found some rotting fish and crab to roll in. Eek. Needless to say, she wasn't nearly as pleased by the ensuing bath.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I did a Vulcan mind-meld with Gustav and got, "Must smell like Hell's compost pile"
    Last edited by Newfherder; 04-10-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: shorter, more to the point, and maybe funnier
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Yeah, and luckily for me she is a short haired breed. I toweled her off and in desperation ran an old dryer sheet over her (I know, I know...it was probably bad). I think it helped. She just looked so happy about the whole thing, that it was hard to be mad. She has been through a lot of changes lately and misses her 2 labrador buddies so I am cutting her a lot of breaks. It's quite funny to bring her to the dog park as she is such a giant pussycat and the other dog owners look horrified when they see her size. I was quite proud of her when she passed the "new kid on the block" test and let eleventy billion small dogs, big dogs, etc. gather round. Unfortunately none of them spoke Spanish....

I love dogs, but cats (at least the ones I've encountered) Always smell nice and fresh

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2911018;
    I love dogs, but cats (at least the ones I've encountered) Always smell nice and fresh
    Finley always smells like clean laundry hanging on a line in the sunshine. I love it when he curls up next to me in the morning - I bury my face in his fur and enjoy the last half hour in bed before I have to start my day.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Except for my friend's cat that smelled like a cigarette (and that was really gross), I've always encountered pretty good, neutral smelling cats.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2911396;
    Except for my friend's cat that smelled like a cigarette (and that was really gross), I've always encountered pretty good, neutral smelling cats.
    After I banned smoking in my apartment a few years ago, I couldn't tell so much with Mona because of her coloring, but Joey went from what I thought was white to an absolutely BRILLIANT WHITE - amazing

+ Reply to Thread