+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2904779;
    Rattus and Misskitty-- you might get a nice surprise if you put out hummingbird feeders about the end of May--I actually saw a couple in Alaska during August at a feeder.
    I got all excited and planned a visit to Canadian Tire this weekend, until I remembered that I can't even put out the regular feeder until Finley gets too old (or blasé or fat or lethargic or something) to be climbing every structure and/or tree in a three house radius in search of birds to kill. He still climbs on top of the neighbour's pigeon coop to stare inside whilst licking his chops, even though they've been gone for a year. No winged thing is safe where the Fin is in earshot, unfortunately. Little bugger. If I didn't love him so much, I could just kill him sometimes.

ETA: Actually, I just remembered - the hummingbirds I saw at our last house were flitting around the honeysuckle vine growing over our fence. So planting some honeysuckle might do the trick as well.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Waldo and Bogie routinely chase birds and squirrels, but they aren't fast enough and don't climb or fly, so I don't have to worry.
    We have TONS of birds around here, but no hummingbirds. I think they live here, but I don't see them. Maybe I should invest in a feeder. I think the doggies would leave the birds alone.

However, Waldo LOVES the bunny. He is not aggressive towards it. He's just happy to see it and likes to lick it and I think play with it. Rosie on the other hand circles the cage licking her chops and you can tell that she's thinking: "Oh, if I had the chance, it would be hausenpheffer on the menu."

Waldo on the other hand is probably thinking "what is hausenpheffer?"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2906217;
    Waldo on the other hand is probably thinking "what is hausenpheffer?"
    Thanks to google now I know.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2906263;
    Thanks to google now I know.
    Unk, you mean you don't remember the Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs was going to be made into hausenpheffer???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2906332;
    Unk, you mean you don't remember the Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs was going to be made into hausenpheffer???
    Yeah, but I don't recall the name of the dish.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

hasenpfeffer: a highly seasoned stew made of marinated rabbit meat

Poor Bugs.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love that Bugs cartoon. My older daughter & I can recite the dialogue along with the show.

Thanks for all the suggestions, and for the links. I did find one nearby from that first link psychobabe posted. And yes, Stryker does love his tennis balls. We have a couple outside and a couple inside as well. I think he might be mourning the loss of his "indestructible" bone (one of those big nylon ones). How a huge thing like that could be lost in my house is beyond me. I've been spring cleaning and I still can't find it. He loves gnawing on it and since it cost $20, I want to search a bit longer before replacing it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know that the minute you buy another one, you will find the other one!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Jewelsy: Oh my! Those are definitely cute AWWWW photos of your two boys! Er, I mean your two BIG boys .

gabriel: Thanks for your good wishes for Miss Gracie-kins!

Well, Yesterday I was thinking I would have to take Gracie back to the vet, but today she seems much better. I think it's depending upon how busy I can keep the other two kitties while she gets her necessary "alone time" and tranquility sleeps. Peanut, I mean Lexi, I mean Bunny, literally tears around the back yard; in the snow and all. She's taken quite a liking to the smell under my big spruce tree, just as Mr. Tootles has. Unfortunately, they are both coming in the door with sap, needles, and spring muck on their toesies. Later tonight, "someone's" going to get a footsie bath (spoken in a whisper while looking around nervously)!

Rattus: I sent off a load of e-mails on the animal abuse legislation; to every MP in my City. I got 3 email replies back saying they are serious about it and the MP for my constituency, even had ideas that went beyond what was in either of the Bills. I hope I hear what happened on the news tonight.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Does anyone have any experience with dog Epilepsy? Our lil rescue beagle Duncan had a seizure 2 nights ago. He is a very hyper lil guy by nature so I knew something was wroong when he just laid on the sofa looking sad. The travelling vet who came by today on a pre-scheduled visit to give everyone their shots did bloodwork on him to be sure but she seems to think it's Epilepsy.
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread