+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2897507;
    Is it too cold up in Canada to see hummingbirds?
    We see them sporadically in Toronto, but I don't imagine they would live any further north than here (we're at the northern edge of zone 6).

And thanks for the info regarding the animal cruelty laws - I will be drafting and sending a letter later on today.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2900221;
    We see them sporadically in Toronto, but I don't imagine they would live any further north than here (we're at the northern edge of zone 6).
    And thanks for the info regarding the animal cruelty laws - I will be drafting and sending a letter later on today.
    Thank you Rattus for sending a letter regarding the legislation! I'm sending mine off today and to others. I've specifically noted a rash of recent cruelties in our area for the Minister.

myrosiedog: I'm glad that Bogie is better.

My Gracie-kins is now feeling owlie again. I didn't do too well with pilling her and she's agitated this morning. I'm giving her some quiet time in the den with the door closed. I may call my regular vet this afternoon. She may need another shot.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Here are a few recent photos of the boys.

This is Jasper. He has a weight problem. A MAJOR weight problem. Every time the vet puts him on a new diet (weight management and for his whacked out urinary tract), he ends up gaining weight. Plus, he's a stress eater. I'm SERIOUS. He's my little Bat-Eared-Buddha-Bellied-Chunky-Monkey. My problem child, no, wait -- My EXPENSIVE problem child - but I couldn't love him any more.

See those claws? They're long. They're sharp. He likes to do the Kneeding and extend his claws. HOWEVER, if I touch him, or even get close to him, he retracts those puppies. He's a good boy.

And this is Jasper's brother, Dusty. Could he be any cuter? I think not. He's my perfect child. - he who does no wrong (and doesn't cost his mommy about a kazillion dollars in vet bills). He's sweet and gentle compared to his sometimes grumpy brother. BUT he's sly, and I wouldn't put it past him if he sets up some of the shenanigans Jasper ends up getting blamed for.

I didn't realize till I looked at this picture (at about a gazillion timex magnification) that he he has a white patch growing on his neck. As far as I know, that's new. He definitely didn't have that when I could still see. Is that normal? I mean, do animals' coats turn grey as they age? It'd be cool if he started getting white patches everywhere, but it also makes me feel sad because it means he's getting older. Not *that* old - they're only seven, but still.
    Last edited by lildago; 04-08-2008 at 10:19 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

They are both adorable Jewelsy. but, oh my gawd - that second picture. He is just a big ol boy, ain't he?

The white 'spot' on dusty looks like it could just be hairs pulling away and seeing the skin underneath - it almost looks like a part in his fur. Maybe he is growing a little white goatee!

both precious and cuddly, to be sure.

Jewelsy, your family is beautiful. Jasper looks very much like my Whiskers.

Jasper is a little porker Jewels. Dusty looks soooo soft and cuddly. And yes they do develop gray hair and patches as they get older. Unfortunately we all do.

Jasper is such a butterball, Jewels! And I want Dusty.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

They're gawgeous, Jewelsy. I so much want to rest my head on Jasper's pillowy tum.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

misskitty - you keep us posted about miss Gracie. Fighting to take a pill usually means feeling better.

Jewelsy- Jasper is a tad overweight I'd say. Joey is on foods for his urinary PH levels and his Doctor told me to PUT the hard food away during the day and leave the "breakfast" of soft food out, as hard food has more calories.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Jewelsy those are some stunning boys you have there!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread