+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Big hugs go to all your hurt and sick babies. I'm thinking some hummingbird pictures could be good therapy right about now.

Here she is making her nest a few weeks ago.

She's always had two babies, but it looks like there will be just one this year. Doesn't the nest look cool?

And here she is hard at work this morning. Those little white things are actually paint chips in her nest.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

That is too cool Roses.

Wow. That is really really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2895562;
    That is too cool Roses.
    Awwww. I love hummingbirds.

Such cute pictures!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Awesome pictures, Rosekid! I've never seen hummingbird eggs. They must be tiny.

Newf: I hope you have a great time, that you don't get nervous, and you meet up with your friends and have a ton of fun! And bring us back some photos to drool over ok?!!!

roseskid: OMGosh. I've never seen a hummingbirds' nest. And little egg! Are there no cats around your place?

Well, it was another day I had to bath Lexi. All kitties were outside for a wee bit of fresh air, all on leashes and what a mess they turned out to be! Mr. Tootles got sap and pine needles caught in his tummy fur, and in between toes in both his back feet. And Lexi was 'dirtier than dirt' from running like a little monkey through melting snow, mud, grass and needles. Lil Miss Gracie was perfect. She doesn't like her toesies to get wet, sticky, or muddy. So I have to clip Mr. Tootles tummy fur, and clean his toes which he doesn't like. And little Lexi, once again, got dipped into a sink full of warm water.

My shoulders are killing me from the puncture wounds and scratches. She is mighty strong when she's trying to get away. Me-owch!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Cool photos Roses. Can't wait for the next pics. And to see the baby hummingbird.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

misskitty - you really had your hands full with Tootles and Lexi. If Lexi requires bathing frequently you might want to check with the vet on how to keep her skin from drying out and becoming a problem for her.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2896359;
    misskitty - you really had your hands full with Tootles and Lexi. If Lexi requires bathing frequently you might want to check with the vet on how to keep her skin from drying out and becoming a problem for her.
    Once it warms up outside, the water and mud will be gone, and so will all the pine needles. I'll rake those up and the sap will dry out too. The coat conditioner my vet recommended should do the trick on her dry fur. I mentioned it in post # . Lexi's so much softer now!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2896541;
    Once it warms up outside, the water and mud will be gone, and so will all the pine needles. I'll rake those up and the sap will dry out too. The coat conditioner my vet recommended should do the trick on her dry fur. I mentioned it in post # . Lexi's so much softer now!
    Well slap me silly for not remembering that post...

+ Reply to Thread