+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Get well soon, Gracie!

So, I have two stray cats living in my back yard. My mom and I feed them. Our neigbors have chickens and my mom always said "i'd rather have cats than rats." They're from a mother cat who use to come and have kittens under our house. This happened, like, 3 years in a row, starting 5 years ago. There were no kittens last year, and so far, none this year. But two of the kittens stayed around and lived here. I'm sure my old cat Scooter was their daddy, cus one of them looks JUST like him. That cat's name is Scootoo (Scooter 2). He's a gray tiger striped cat, like Scooter was. The other one is a very pretty cream with gray markings on the face, ears and tail. Its name is Stormey.

My dog is like "zomg kittehs! I want to taste!" whenever he sees them. But they've gotten use to me and wont run all the way to the ally when they see me. They run about 10 feet away and look at me.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

misskitty - you give miss gracie a skritch and a hug for me. Take those pills young lady.

superbrat - cute story

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Feel better, Gracie-doodle!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm glad Gracie is feeling a little better. Here are best wishes that she feels back to her normal self in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2888886;
    Get well soon, Gracie!

So, I have two stray cats living in my back yard. My mom and I feed them. Our neigbors have chickens and my mom always said "i'd rather have cats than rats." They're from a mother cat who use to come and have kittens under our house. This happened, like, 3 years in a row, starting 5 years ago. There were no kittens last year, and so far, none this year. But two of the kittens stayed around and lived here. I'm sure my old cat Scooter was their daddy, cus one of them looks JUST like him. That cat's name is Scootoo (Scooter 2). He's a gray tiger striped cat, like Scooter was. The other one is a very pretty cream with gray markings on the face, ears and tail. Its name is Stormey.

My dog is like "zomg kittehs! I want to taste!" whenever he sees them. But they've gotten use to me and wont run all the way to the ally when they see me. They run about 10 feet away and look at me.
    SuperBrat, have you thought about trapping the kitties to get them some basic vet care? Lots of vets will spay/neuter deworm and give shots to feal kitties pretty cheap. Sounds like that litter of kittens had more than one dad--your old guy and a Siamese, if I've got this pictured right! Cats and dogs can have litters with babies by several different sires you know. (I won a chunk o change betting on that one time!)

Misskitty, give Gracie a get well head rub from me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Remember the saga of the Nun's cat that would show up and disappear and it turned out that about 3 people in the neighborhood were feeding it (but my yard is its bathroom?). Well it has been gone all winter and it showed back up this week (In my yard, about to drive the dogs nuts).
    I guess it must have gone to Florida for the winter.

But it beat up the new neighbors little cat yesterday. This is a big old, feral tom cat that some of the neighbors feed and no one can get close to it. I really wish whereever it does go when it disappears, it would stay there.

The tube sock is working great, has cut down on the friction and Bogie's boo boo is doing GREAT. HUGE improvement. To bad I can't improve him. He's up to the same old tricks trying to rough house with Waldo. He doesn't learn apparantly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The Sunflower Cluster Dog Shows are this weekend!! It is consistently rated among the top 5 dog shows in the US, and has been nominated for Dog Show of the Year the past two years. It has something for every dog and dog person--conformation, junior handling, obedience, agility, lure coursing, herding, rally, various health clinics and seminars . . . I will be working Saturday as a ring steward, and hold the prestigious () title of Inside Ring Steward for the second half of the day. It's a little intimidating--I've never done it, and inside stewards have to know what's going on

The best part of the show is that there are over a dozen Newfs entered, so I am certain to get lots of good smells to take home to Gustav. Two of my favorite Newf people are coming in from Colorado, and we always have a good time, including a superb prime rib dinner
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Thank you everyone for your get well wishes for Gracie. I'm sure they are helping!! She's not back to her old self yet. And I could not get that pill down her throat last night either. (bad mom). Gracie is still being spoiled as I am still sleeping with her in the basement bedroom. Last night at one point I woke up and instead of Gracie on the bed, there was lil ol' peanut (Lexi- who will never outgrow that nickname). Then when I awoke hours later, it was Gracie again on the bed. LOL. Musical bed cats. Just gotta love it.

Today Peanut was out running in the yard with Mr. Tootles. Since it's been warming up, she got her feet all wet from the melted snow, and then dirty from the flower beds, with pine needles stuck in between her toesies. My Dad was over again and this time Peanut received a bath with the Sunlight Liquid Detergent. Meowza! Did that ever make a difference! Her fur is not only white, but much more fluffier! And I think she's quite happy about that too!

We'll see what happens tomorrow!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2891286;
    The Sunflower Cluster Dog Shows are this weekend!! It is consistently rated among the top 5 dog shows in the US, and has been nominated for Dog Show of the Year the past two years. It has something for every dog and dog person--conformation, junior handling, obedience, agility, lure coursing, herding, rally, various health clinics and seminars . . . I will be working Saturday as a ring steward, and hold the prestigious () title of Inside Ring Steward for the second half of the day. It's a little intimidating--I've never done it, and inside stewards have to know what's going on

The best part of the show is that there are over a dozen Newfs entered, so I am certain to get lots of good smells to take home to Gustav. Two of my favorite Newf people are coming in from Colorado, and we always have a good time, including a superb prime rib dinner
    That reads like it is going to be a really good time for you! Enjoy.

MRD

Newf,
    Sounds like a great time, have fun and tell us all about it when you get back.

Miss Kitty, Glad Gracie is doing better.

Bogie is doing much better too. I think its going to take time for this to heal fully, but now that we have a handle on the bandage thing, it's going well. It's still supperating a bit, so I want to keep it bandaged because he sleeps on our bed, the furniture, etc., and I don't want that to get on anything, but I'm thinking that by tomorrow, even that should have stopped as its lessened a lot and I'll be able to let it have open air.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread