+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

misskitty, I checked this thread because you mentioned your ordeal in one of the others and I have to be honest, I laughed. It sounds like a scene from a movie where nothing goes right. It's just one of those things... or as I call it... it's just one of those days.

mrd, adorable puppies for sure. I can't see any bandage, but they look so sweet laying there. Definitely little mama's pups.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2882838;

---------
    Now listen to me, this is not funny. :nono
    But I LAUGHED!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2882838;
    I put the kettle on for coffee, made some toast and decided to have some peanut butter and honey on it. I microwaved the honey too much and it's like water. I discovered this while putting it on my toast. The kettle whistles, so I make my coffee and then grab the milk from the frig. I soon realize that the milk is floating at the top of the mug. The milk has just 'gone'. Life must continue.

So, I'm opening a brand new jar of peanut butter, trying to be positive and I'm thinking about small things that make you happy. As I tear off the sealed top, I'm thinking to myself how I love opening a brand new jar and the smell you get when you peel that aluminum lid sealer off.

Well, before I know it, there's peanut oil all over the place! It's natural peanut butter which needs to be stirred really well when you first open it. My evil twin sinister said it's great and I should buy it. I usually just buy Kraft. So, it's to my great surprise that when I tipped the jar to get the rest of the flavor seal wrapper off, that a steady stream of oil ran down to the floor. Here's the kicker.....it poured all over little Lexi who was at my feet!

omg: I picked her up and ran to the bathroom and tried to wash her in the sink! She's not happy at all and it's not coming off easily because it's all oily and in her fur. I get a touch of handsoap on her and try to rinse her down, all of course while she's twisting and turning and getting very difficult to hold on to. She also gave me that sad sorry "what are you doing to me Mommy!" look which just breaks my heart. Even though the oil just poured down her back and side, she's pretty much a wet unhappy messy rat! And not really her pure white color at this moment. I may have to wash her again if she's still oily when her fur dries.

But Lexi smells wonderful. Just like peanut butter. I think I'll be calling her my little 'peanut' today.

Well what a bunch of cuties myrosiedog! I do see Waldos paw and nose. Bogie doing better today I take it, weirdness going away now that he is healing?

MRD: Awww. What an adorable photo! Lap dogs. Gotta love 'em.
    ------------------

My Dad stopped by and I had him help me give Lexi another washing in the sinky. Four hands certainly works better than two! I filled the sink up this time with warm water and had to use more soap. She was all wet except for her head and front paws. I bundled her up in towels and tried to dry her off. She's not happy and doesn't like the hairdryer. A very unhappy wet little rat. I'm glad she had a good run outside this afternoon. She also had sap and needles from the spruce tree on her paws. Lexi is now sleeping peacefully on my warm bed. I hope she is having sweet dreams.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I'm in need of advice and decided this was the best place to ask. I live in an apartment building and a couple weeks ago my neighbor downstairs has started feeding a stray cat. She leaves food and water outside for the cat. Though it's mainly the one cat, over the weekend I noticed another cat around. The food started out on her patio but is now in our shared doorway area.
    I'm not a pet person myself. And I know part of my problem is that cats creep me out. I'm sorry the cat is a stray but I don't want it living in my doorway. I'm thinking I just need to call the apartment office and let them deal with it. I'm sure it is against their regulations. Any suggestions otherwise? Do you think it's right to feed strays? I'm worried the outside food will attract other critters.

I've never thought it was a big deal to feed strays - we used to feed a stray that hung around the last office I worked in. I suppose the food might attract squirrels or other small rodents, depending on what kind of wildlife hangs around your apartment complex. Do you know your neighbour? I would be inclined to ask her to move the food dishes back to her patio, and just explain to her that you dislike cats. I'm a cat lover myself, but I do respect that others don't share that feeling, so I'm sure your neighbour will accommodate your request.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2883619;
    MRD: Lexi is now sleeping peacefully on my warm bed. I hope she is having sweet dreams.
    She's having sweet dreams alright! Dreams of revenge.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2883562;
    Well what a bunch of cuties myrosiedog! I do see Waldos paw and nose. Bogie doing better today I take it, weirdness going away now that he is healing?
    All weirdness gone and he's back to wanting to roughhouse with Waldo again. Short memory. I'm still taking them out separately, so Bogie's started trying to get Waldo to "play" in the house. I have nipped THAT in the bud when it starts. I need to get the wound to heal without him causing any more problems.

Miss Kitty, I'm glad Lexi is now peanut free.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

mrd, your pups sound like little kids who play together, get into a fight, and 10 minutes later are playing together like nothing ever happened!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2885285;
    mrd, your pups sound like little kids who play together, get into a fight, and 10 minutes later are playing together like nothing ever happened!
    Exactly!!! They all act like a bunch of little kids. Jealousy runs rampant here. When Waldo got the waffle, he pranced out and showed it off before gulping it down. The other two ran to the kitchen and looked at me (read this hearing a whining little kid voice)_ UNNNNHHHHH, NO FAIR! How come HE gets a waffle?

I'm glad they are getting along again, because I was picturing it being very difficult if Bogie stayed scared of him forever.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread