+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Aww. My condolences Unk to your dear friend and her Sammy! Snowflake will welcome him at Rainbow Bridge too! I'm glad that Chauncey will be there for him to play with.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I so hate these announcements, but they are inevitable. I'm not a dog person, and I am getting all teary eyed. Blessings to your friend, Unk. Sammy certainly was a handsome boy. I look at him and I think, "Roll that beautiful bean footage."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Unklescott - that is a great picture of Chauncy

Aw, Unk, I'm sorry for your friend's loss. Sammy sure looks a lot like my Stryker. Chauncey looks like he was a lovely dog as well.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2878641;
    Meowza.
    myrosiedog: Why aren't your doggies getting along? That sounds so odd?

gabriel: I'm glad that Joseph is feeling better. I hope he's back to his usual self very soon.

prohshay: I'm glad your kitties are getting along well.

buglover: Princess sounds like she is very happy with you!

Miss Gracie is ready to give lil Lexi a little whack. Gracie will be curled up in her basket and then Lexi want to jump her and play. Any moment, now, Lexi will get more than just a hiss and growl. Lexi and Tootles still wrestle about, but Lexi is growing bigger every day!

I just was able to create this masterpiece on photobucket ....

Nice masterpiece there misskitty.

Mr. Joseph is so totally back to his usual self... *headbutts, brushing, talking*

I always called Sammy "Chauncy Jr." even though he got to be a big ol' fat boy with his thyroid problems. He was always glad to see me because he got lots of loving from me. Poor boy was like Waldo as he didn't take to car rides very well.

MRD

Unk, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends Sammy.

Well I feel like the worst mother in the world. Bogie has a HUGE gash in his neck under his collar. It only took me 24 hours to discover it and by that time, it had scabbed, but it probably needed a couple stitches and I should have found it earlier. It looks like Waldo had Bogie's whole head in his jaws and there are 2 places on each side of his neck. One very minor and one pretty bad.
    His collar was stuck to it, so I had to gently remove it. His collar is red, so I guess I didn't notice it was soaking up the blood. He has a ring of dried blood almost all the way around his neck where the collar was.
    I cleaned it all very carefully, used peroxide on the wound and have been putting neosporin on it and it looks a lot better this morning than it did yesterday.
    No wonder he was acting so weird, he was really hurt.
    But he's not acting all weirded out today at least.

I have been taking the little ones out by themselves and then Waldo out, what a pain, but I am not having any more dog fights grow out of their rough housing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh my! -- Well I guess next time (if there is one) you will REALLY examine the two that are involved. No wonder he was acting strange. POOR POOR BOGIE!

Mommy go stare at your Mona T shirt and repeat after me - Poor POOR POOR BOGIE!
    Last edited by just1paul; 03-30-2008 at 11:16 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow, mrd! I know you are really feeling badly. I guess these are times in which we live and learn. My Miss Sashay was folowing me and following me a couple of years ago, for some reason, and I just thought she needed some "mommy time". I had noticed that she kept grooming her butt, I thought. She walked on the sofa behind my head, and I smelled something not quite right. I gave her a close examination, and she had a nasty abcess on the underside at the base of her tail, courtesy of Miss Celile, the stalker. We were into see Dr. David the next morning. Antibiotics, but everything worked out OK except for causing a delay in getting her annual vaccines. Taught me that when they start acting out of the ordinary, it's time to examine every inch of them. I worry about sepsis, and I'd never forgive myself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2880562;
    Oh my! -- Well I guess next time (if there is one) you will REALLY examine the two that are involved. No wonder he was acting strange. POOR POOR BOGIE!

Mommy go stare at your Mona T shirt and repeat after me - Poor POOR POOR BOGIE!
    I hope there is no next time.
    I've been giving Bogie a lot of extra love because I feel SOOOO guilty. When I examined him, he only had that one small area and that had a tiny, tiny amout of blood. I didn't think to look under his collar. I never saw anymore blood and assumed it would be ok. From now on I will check out every single inch. And I'm keeping a close eye on this to make sure it doesn't get infected.
    He should have gone to the vet, but I talked to a friend that works for a vet yesterday and she said that by the time I found it, it was too late for stitches, they have to be stitched up within a certain time period. She asked me a few questions and said that it should be ok, but keep an eye on it and I can take him in to the vet on Mon., if I feel he should go. At this point, I think it's ok. But will take him to get checked out if anything changes.

I feel like the worst dog mother in the world.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread