+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Glad Joey's back home and doing ok. You too Gabriel.

Miss Kitty, that picture is too cute.

Waldo and Bogie who play grab a** every morning in the yard, got a little too into it and now Bogie is upset and has a scrape and he's acting really funny around Waldo.
    I saw it and Bogie was the instigator and plays really rough and Waldo had enough of it this morning and gave it back. I cannot deal with more doggie issues. They had finally gotten over those from when Waldo first came to live with us.
    So I will be taking them out separately for a while because they do not listen to me while the grab a** is going on.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's what happens in my house, too, MRD. Whiskers starts the trouble; Dunkin takes it for so long and when he's had enough - whop! And Whiskers gets all bent out of shape because Dunkin decked her. When if she'd stop starting the trouble in the first place, she wouldn't get here ears boxed!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2875700;
    So I will be taking them out separately for a while because they do not listen to me while the grab a** is going on.
    Hmm, haven't you already threatened them with taking them out separately about three times now? Kind of like the mom who keeps saying "stop it or else" but never follows through? . Sorry, I couldn't resist . I can imagine how difficult it must be to have to take three dogs out one at a time especially when one might like to meander a while before doing their business and the others waiting inside wouldn't understand why they can't be out at the same time.

Would the landlord be willing to pay for or at least chip in for some fencing? Or maybe you can put something up that can be removed when you move? I've had my share of chasing dogs down and won't do it again. It's too stressful.

For the smaller dogs, anyway, you could do what I do when I'm out gardening - get a chain anchor that screws into the ground. I just use a long length of clothesline rope and Taro can wander all over while I'm digging up dirt. I always make sure he can get to shade if it's warm and sometimes put out a water bowl if I'm going to be out there a while. He seems to enjoy it.
    Count your blessings!

Princess is curled up next to me on my favorite blanket. If I reach down to scratch my foot or click the mouse, she perks up and does her little meow meow like I've talked to her. She's cracking me up right now!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I have been taking them out separately most of the time. Rosie and Bogie go out together.
    But in the morning, I take all 3 out.

The problem isn't that I need a fence and the landlord won't let us put one up anyway.

The problem is that Bogie is good by himself, but he is easily led astray by the other 2. Rosie is fairly good so taking those 2 out together is easy.

Add Waldo to the mix and none of them behave. And all three take advantage of me. They don't do this when hubby takes them out either. I can't wait for him to get home.

Bogie has been acting really strange since he got his butt whipped this morning. He seems to be fine physically, but he is acting very, very scared. Shaking, won't eat, acting just really, really weird, especially around Waldo.
    I ended up giving him one of the "nerve" pills the vet gave us for fireworks.
    And I gave him a baby aspirin in case he's sore. I've been told by the vet we can give them that. His ego is bruised because he doesn't seem hurt physically. He isn't limping, I've run my hands over him and he didn't yelp anywhere.
    I think his ego took a beating because Waldo definetly bested him and it went to a real dogfight and not playing.
    Of course, Waldo is over it. Big lug has no clue anything is wrong, but Bogie keeps giving him the evil eye and won't stop trembling.
    So I've been holding him and giving him extra love until he gets over it.

Poor Bogie - Sounds like he got a real scare. Waldo should apologize - RIGHT NOW!!!

That mean ole Waldo! How dare he hurt his buddy like that. Give Bogie kisses from us mrd!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2876149;
    Poor Bogie - Sounds like he got a real scare. Waldo should apologize - RIGHT NOW!!!
    Bogie is basically a wimp, except when he and Waldo play and then he gets kind of aggressive and I think Waldo had enough of it and gave it back to him this morning.
    So I think he is scared.

And Waldo is just being the same old dodo he usually is. I think he's tried to make it up to Bogie as a little bit ago, he came and gave Bogie a big slurp, but that just made things worse as far as Bogie is concerned.

I'm keeping them separated today and see if Bogie can't get over it. He's always been my "sensitive" boy.

OK, so Waldo did apologize. Now Bogie's just being a wimp. Maybe some time apart will make things OK again. A good nap, some food, some heavy petting (you petting them - not each other), and a good butt lick (each their own) should put things to right again.

+ Reply to Thread