+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2873760;
    I have some pain meds if he needs them, Dr said only if he seems unusally quiet or reclusive.
    But did they give you some meds? I'm glad he's doing fine.
    Misskitty I agree about the collar.

Gabriel, glad to hear Joey is home and doing ok.

Queenb, I love those pics. I am going to have to take my little one there someday.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2874121;
    But did they give you some meds? I'm glad he's doing fine.
    Misskitty I agree about the collar.
    I thought I was going to need pain meds for headaches from the warnings that I got about how he would be groggy etc., may need the pain meds etc., he's back to normal, just licking the leg a bit where they had the needle.

But how is he treating you? Pissed off or the same as always?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Isn't it wonderful that they do pain control for animals these days, like they do for humans?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2874449;
    I thought I was going to need pain meds for headaches from the warnings that I got about how he would be groggy etc., may need the pain meds etc., he's back to normal, just licking the leg a bit where they had the needle.
    I'm laughing about Joey's nonchalance about the whole thing because it reminds me of Lepo, the cat with whom we learned about the problems bad teeth can cause. One of his teeth went bad and he didn't eat for a couple of days, and as a consequence his liver started shutting down (we didn't know about the tooth). He was in the hospital for a couple of days following surgery, and when we brought him home he had a feeding tube inserted into an incision in his neck that we were supposed to inject a puree of specialty food into. So we let him out of his cage and he heads immediately for the food bowls, where he starts chowing down to beat the band. And as his head bobs up and down as fast as a woodpecker's, the feeding tube starts sliding out of the incision and eventually drops into his food bowl. In a panic we call the vet emergency line and ask what to do. They said if he's eating, just leave him alone, the incision will heal by itself, but they really didn't expect a cat to be eating that voraciously following liver and dental surgery. They did not know Lepo - that cat would eat during a nuclear holocaust. Apparently the only thing that would stop him was a toothache.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2874465;
    But how is he treating you? Pissed off or the same as always?
    Same as always. right now he's sleeping. I think old age at 12 is beginning to mellow him out. He was just so glad to be home. *hmm wonder if I should sleep with my eyes half open?*
    Last edited by just1paul; 03-27-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My eldest gurl, Miss Sashay is about 11-12 years old. I watch her doing her rocking motion to get up to change positions, when she is relaxing on my bed. But, then, she'll sprint out of the room chasing who-knows-what. Keeps Mom on the edge. It's hard to watch them physically age; sometimes I give her a little nudge under her butt to help her get up. One of her favorite games is pushing my arm away, quickly, with her back feet (while she holds my arm close to her with her front paws) and then giving me a loving nip before she gets up to get away from aggravating me. Goes down to get a nibble, and comes right back. I've put a Rubbermaid stepstool next to the bed (she's never been a leaper) to make life a little more comfortable for her. They all use the stepstool!

Since Miss Celie (Sashay's stalker) disappeared and came home, they are actually sharing time on my bed...which they didn't do before. So, she not only has a different relationship with me, but also with "her sisters".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so glad Joey is back home where he belongs and apparently feeling OK, gabriel.

I love the picture of Lexi climbing the tree!

Alls right with the world when our furry family is happy!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2874056;
    Here's my baby trying to climb a tree.

What a great picture!

+ Reply to Thread