+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Trying to catch up on everyone's news.

Great photos roses, myrosiedog, and Unk! I wish we had more birds around, but with all the neighborhood cats, I'm not surprised.

Gracie, Mr. Tootles, and Lexi, all missed me very much while I was away last weekend. But they treated Grampa really, really, well. They all have spring fever and must, must, must go outside and see what is happening at least a couple of times a day; just in case they miss out on something. The snow is melting, the squirrels are playing around everywhere, and grass is showing up in between the snowbanks.

Lexi was very brave and walked out into the snow. It was too cold on her itty bitty toes and she didn't like it very much. I hold her in a blanket because she tends to shiver a bit. I don't know if it's because she's cold, excited, or both. But she's definitely got her feral insticts about her. Hears and smells things I don't even know are out there. I'm sure Lexi find a ladybug scratching it's leg if it were out there!

Mr. Tootles has taken to his regular perimeter walkabouts, wherever the snow has melted, and routinely checks the front gate for intruders; or personal deliveries as it may be.

Gracie loves to sit on her perch in the sunshine and now treads carefully to the back 40 where she can find a few blades of partially-green grass to munch.

Ah, spring is here! And dirty, wet, muddy paws abound!
    Last edited by misskitty; 03-23-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

We took Rosie and Bogie to the park with us for our picnic (Waldo, the car sick dog, got to stay home and watch Animal Planet and eat his new chewy bone). After we ate, we walked downtown and a new store has opened called "The Barkery Bistro". So we went in. It had a lot of cool doggy stuff. We bought Rosie and Bogie little dog cookies. Rosie got a crown (naturally) and Bogie a fire hydrant. Well Bogie wolfed his down in about 2 seconds.
    Rosie did her standard bit of taking it in her mouth, dropping it. Sniffing it. Picking it back up, dropping it again, sniffing it again, standing over and guarding it but not eating it. She picked it back up, dropped it again and Bogie started towards it, where she then snatched it up and turned on him in a split second, snarling and baring her teeth. By now, we have a crowd gathered on the sidewalk watching. She wouldn't eat it, but she kept baring her teeth at him and kind of taunting him with her uneaten treat. By now the onlookers are going: "maybe it's too hard for her to eat", and "look how she guards it from the other one". Well by now everyone is laughing and Rosie gives Bogie one last snarl and starts to slowly eat hers, letting pieces fall to the sidewalk as he watches. She would pick up one crumb and eat it sloooooowwwwlllly. You could tell he was besides himself wanting some of her treat and she was really dragging the whole thing out: "I've got something you don't have, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah".
    When she FINALLY ate the whole thing (and these were not very big to start with), the crowd on the sidewalked clapped. I couldn't believe it. I was wearing a straw hat and Mr. Rosie said I should take it off and pass it around for the entertainment the dogs just provided.

They had a fabulous time in the park, in the car, downtown and came home and passed out Waldo had a fabulous time with his bone but was happy to see us come home.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I always love your stories of our animal adventures Rosie ! Your crew sounds so adorable!!

Everyone's pics look awesome! Unk, I could swear that your boys look like my boys cuddling. I don't catch it too often since I know they try to act like they are "men" but I will have a camera ready for when they do, lol!

So we are still missing Delaney but we have started looking to adopt a new dog. We found a rescue organization that specializes in Aussies and they have a little girl named Diana. She is as cute as a button and from what we hear is quite the sweetie despite being deaf (a common problem in Aussies unfortunately). My only real worry is that we have never had a dog that is deaf before so this would definitely be a new experience for our family.

Unk, those pictures are adorable!
    mrd, I also enjoy those Rosie, Bogie, and Waldo stories.

That Rosie and Bogie story had me laughing. As I was reading I was running the movie in my head. Hilarious! Give Rosie a hug for me.

MRD: Great Rosie & Bogie "tail". You should write a book about them.

psycobabe: Our JRT is deaf due to old age and it's taken some getting used to, but hasn't really been a problem. When we first noticed that he was going deaf, our vet told us that animals adapt to deafness and blindness and other "handicaps" much more easily than humans do and that we should just treat Simon as normally as possible and not to feel sorry for him.

I'd talk to someone at the Aussie rescue and see if they can put you in touch with someone who has adopted a deaf Aussie. Those dogs are so smart that I wouldn't be surprised if they could learn sign language! Good luck with your decision.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Thanks all. I should write a book. Seems books about dogs have been very hot in the last couple years.
    My crew definetly has kept us entertained over the years.
    They each have their own unique personalities and are so fun to watch.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog: What a great story! Yes, a pass of the hat was definitely warranted!

Attachment 23859
    Just fyi, this great pet bed, that not only heats and cools your pet, is on sale as Hammacher Schlemmer. The Only Cooling & Heating Pet Bed. at Hammacher Schlemmer

The Only Cooling & Heating Pet Bed.
    WAS 249.95 NOW 99.95

This is the only cooling and heating pet bed available, allowing you to provide a comfortable resting space for your pet either in hot or cold drafty areas such as a porch or garage. Recommended by veterinarians, it uses a thermoelectric device to produce either warm or cool air, from 60 to 102 F, which is evenly distributed by an internal fan through channels built into the high-density orthopedic memory foam that makes up the beds cushion, providing consistent, therapeutic heat or cooling for resting pets. No air is blown directly onto your pet, and the fan is quiet, allowing pets to sleep undisturbed by either noise or vibration. The memory foam cushion provides a soft, comfo rtable bedding area for pets without pressure points, and it is housed in a stain- and scratch-resistant microsuede cover that can easily be spot-cleaned, hand-vacuumed, or removed for machine washing. 6' cord plugs into AC. For pets up to 30 lbs. Imported. 32" W x 24" D. (10 lbs.)

Sale item quantities are limited please order early as availability cannot be guaranteed.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Ha! If I ordered those beds for my kitties, they'd never move!

I went for a manicure at lunch. When I got there, there was a woman getting a pedicure. With an adorable, 7-month-old Cocker Spaniel sleeping all curled up on her lap. Her name is Bailey, and she was just the cutest little thing - she has these great big brown eyes. I felt like just scooping her up and running away with her.

ScoutMom: ooooo. I'd love a manicure and pedicure. And massage. And facial. Too bad my wallet doesn't love the same thing! I hope you feel marvelous!

I just made my first LOL kitty picture with Lexi. This is fun. I'll have to do more.

Lexi - captioned!! LOL.jpg

+ Reply to Thread