+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I see a movie in the future. "The Adventures of Waldo"

MRD

No way could they get him to star in it. He just does as he pleases. He'd run all over the set wreaking havoc and sticking his nose in backsides.

It's so weird when people know my dogs and I don't know them. It's actually happened before with Rosie and Bogie too. They know EVERYONE apparantly or everyone knows them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2861282;
    No way could they get him to star in it. He just does as he pleases. He'd run all over the set wreaking havoc and sticking his nose in backsides.

It's so weird when people know my dogs and I don't know them. It's actually happened before with Rosie and Bogie too. They know EVERYONE apparantly or everyone knows them.
    I kind of know that feeling myself. The vets office has a resident cat named Toby, who could be Joeys twin. I am now known as Joeys' you know Tobys' twins' Dad. Before Mona passed on, I was known simply as Mona and Joeys Dad....

I caught the boys doing a little snuggling last night.

Laurel was grooming Hardy in this one.

When I snapped the picture he stopped.

Unklescott -Those two boys are just so handsome!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They are totally kissable!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2862149;
    Unklescott -Those two boys are just so handsome!
    I love the first photo. It almost looks like a two-headed kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2860835;
    I'm fascinated that you two can keep up with the bird comings and goings at your place. I just curse at the birds and scare them off when they come to my backyard. But then I don't have any trees and they dive-bomb my veggies.
    Burnt, the birds don't give us a 10th of the problems the squirrels do when our summer garden is full of plump tomatoes and other ripe veggies.

Since today was Good Friday I had the day off and took the kids to the park and then we went to the pet store to get some hamster bedding for a very picky Russian dwarf who will only tolerate one kind of bedding. Grr... But we took our time and the kids oohed and aahed over the fish and small animals they had up for adoption. The kids picked out some neat toys for their hamsters and I'm amazed that they're still alive. They both got one from the Easter Bunny last year. I never thought they'd make it a whole year! Then we went by the cat adoption center because I keep going back and forth about adopting a kitty (now that I have permission I'm a little afraid to make the jump). They had them all separated except for two cats who had been declawed. I felt so bad for them. After reading this thread and following the links regarding declawing I am now a firm supporter of outlawing that practice. The declawed cats looked like they didn't groom themselves and were unhappy. That was probably more in my mind than reality, but I still think they looked at me differently. One of these days I'm going to go in there and fall in love with a cat and that will be it.
    Lil Rose had a hamster when she was younger, and I was always amazed he lived as long as he did. I had a cat many, many years ago, but I've learned more about cats in this thread alone than the many years I've been on this earth. Burnt, when you're truly ready for a kitty, you'll probably find the perfect one.

Unk, the boys just couldn't be any cuter nuzzled together.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2860835;
    Then we went by the cat adoption center because I keep going back and forth about adopting a kitty (now that I have permission I'm a little afraid to make the jump). They had them all separated except for two cats who had been declawed. I felt so bad for them. After reading this thread and following the links regarding declawing I am now a firm supporter of outlawing that practice. The declawed cats looked like they didn't groom themselves and were unhappy. That was probably more in my mind than reality, but I still think they looked at me differently. One of these days I'm going to go in there and fall in love with a cat and that will be it.
    I was actually coming in here to post something new about Lincoln (our new resident stray). I was infuriated to discover that the poor little bugger had been declawed and then apparently abandoned. I'm going to assume that his original people had something to do with his street cat status, because since we've taken him under our wing, he's become quite the little homebody and shows no signs of wanting to run away. But I can't believe that anyone would let loose a cat with no defenses into the outdoors. Grrrrrr!!. We actually don't have much choice now, because he's become so acclimated to the outdoors he gets hysterical if he can't get out and I'm afraid he's going to break a window slamming into it. However, he has gotten used to only being out during the day, and he's spending more and more time in both the back yard and the house, and he is never, ever locked out. Ever. Nor will he ever be in the future.

Anyway, he's not an entirely clean cat, and it never occurred to me that his lack of attention to hygiene might be a result of the declawing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2862124;

When I snapped the picture he stopped.
    I love that second picture how the paws are folded in front like "What? I wasn't doing anything"
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread