+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2830099;
    A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment. Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour. When you open the trunk, which one is really happy to see you?
    Unk!!

My cats never like to be brushed and since they are shorthair I don't worry about it terribly. I just make sure they don't get hairballs since those are n-a-s-t-y to clean up and vacuum when needed. The one thing is that it is getting time for shedding again soon with spring around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2830630;
    I finally returned Frosti after two failed attempts and the woman was not looking good. There was a wheelchair beside her chair and her voice was really weak. While I was there a neighbor brought her pizza and asked when she was going back in the hospital and she said, "Next week". I asked if she had plans for Frosti, and she said no. So I told her to call me. Then her daughter (who doesn't live with her) came - I'd guess 8 years old... and Frosti ran under the couch. Daughter was grabbing and trying to pull him out and twice I calmly suggested that she give him a little time to adjust - that she was scaring him. I need another cat like I need a hole in the head, but if he comes back here for the hospital stay, I may not give him back.
    After what you posted about the daughter, I wouldn't. That poor cat does not need to be shuffled back & forth. Maybe you should call back and strongly offer to take Frosti until things are very settled, then if & when they call to get Frosti back (which I doubt, since you seem to be the one calling) you could do a "well Frosti is so settled here story"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

When I do get ahold of her she seems really attached to Frosti. I don't know if her medical thing is ongoing or will be resolved. She's been in and out of the hospital with a ruptured hernia, but she also had a splint on her arm. She looks like she's 60 but she has two pre-adolescent daughters.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2830630;
    I finally returned Frosti after two failed attempts and the woman was not looking good. There was a wheelchair beside her chair and her voice was really weak. While I was there a neighbor brought her pizza and asked when she was going back in the hospital and she said, "Next week". I asked if she had plans for Frosti, and she said no. So I told her to call me. Then her daughter (who doesn't live with her) came - I'd guess 8 years old... and Frosti ran under the couch. Daughter was grabbing and trying to pull him out and twice I calmly suggested that she give him a little time to adjust - that she was scaring him. I need another cat like I need a hole in the head, but if he comes back here for the hospital stay, I may not give him back.
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Doesn't sound like she can care for him, anyway. Such a sad situation. She probably wanted to/needed to see him, but....who's going to feed him and take care of his litterbox? I can see that you really care about him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Are you kidding me? He is an awesome cat! Very Egyptian cat features from his Siamese father. All white (silky soft short-hair) with ice-blue eyes. Any time I'm seated he's either on my lap or draped around my shoulders purring. But he also has torn my house apart being a kitten. I've hounded her about making sure he gets neutered because it would be a shame for him to lose all that loveableness to male-cat macho stuff. But seriously - I have two cats, a dog, and a bird. When my kids are all off on their own I want to be able to consider getting rid of my monster house with attached barn and all the problems old houses tend to have.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You left out mentioning your little snake buddies!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hello animal lovers!

For the second year in a row, my little Chihuahua/Rat Terrier (Rathuahua, if you will) and I will be participating in the Walk for Animals, an event that helps thousands of homeless animals at the Humane Society.

I know many of you have adopted homeless animals or taken in strays, so you know what an important cause this is. These poor animals cannot defend themselves; we must help to give them the wonderful life they deserve.

My own Apolo was neglected and abused before I adopted him in May 2006. He is now happy, loving, and full of life. Please help me help those that cannot help themselves by donating to this great cause.

Any amount is greatly appreciated and is tax-deductible. Please visit my fundraising page below for information.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Animal Humane Society:

My rescue dog:

Consider it done! - Thank You for rescuing that cutie!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thank you, gabriel!! I cannot express how grateful I am for the support. The generosity of strangers can be very inspiring. You are a great person. THANK YOU!!
    Last edited by DJeterFan; 03-08-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Apolo is adorable! You are both lucky to have found each other.

+ Reply to Thread