+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

My kitties don't like to be brushed so much. They'll tolerate it for a little while, but then make it VERY clear that they've had enough!

My pastor's daughter went to Africa for two weeks on a mission trip. She saw amazing animals - elephants, lions, hyenas, warthogs - I can't wait to see the pictures she took. What a terrific opportunity!

FORT Newbie

I love my kitty!! Kashmir is her name and she has become very loud and talkative in her old age. It's kind of strange!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Doesn't seem strange to me. She wants to make sure she's heard! Unless a feline war breaks out in my home (which is less and less), it's as quiet as a tomb for a house with 3 kitties.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am such a nerd. The other day at GoodWill, I bought a cookbook that is all about recipes for home made dog treat
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

We had some geese visit the yard today and my first thought was "Oh no, Clara (the kitty) is out there, I wonder what will happen". She is the new kid on the block in this house yet gives all 3 dogs a run for their money. I got involved doing things around the house and forgot about it for the next 20 minutes or so until I happened to catch a glimpse out the window. The 3 geese were just kind of standing in the snow and Clara was about 10 feet away from them in "pounce mode". The geese took off walking through the yard, single file, slowly, perfectly spaced. Withinin minutes Clara was right behind them, walking in the line, slowly, perfectly spaced. It was hilarious. She never went after them, she just joined the party until they flew off. By the time I grabbed my camera, the geese were gone unfortunately. She is such a quirky little girl.....growing on me by leaps and bounds.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2827777;
    I am such a nerd. The other day at GoodWill, I bought a cookbook that is all about recipes for home made dog treat
    I occasionally make treats for our dogs. FYI: - Rachael Ray is doing a special on Foodnetwork this Saturday night. It's called "Rachael Ray Feeds Your Pets" and it's on at 8 pm, CST. I'm sure that we will tivo that!

Bunny - the geese/cat thing is hilarious. We always laugh at our Henry when geese fly over the house. The geese always honk and Henry charges around in the backyard barking. He NEVER looks up though. It's like he thinks that the honking is coming from the neighbor's yard. Still, I would certainly feel sorry for any goose that had the misfortune to land in our yard. Henry is pretty speedy once he emerges from underneath the electric blanket!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I am about the kitty and the geese and Henry and the geese.

We get them flying over the house honking and the dogs never look up. I don't have bird dogs, I have squirrel dogs. They want those damn squirrels to get the heck out of our yard. How dare they frolic here!

It's pouring buckets here this morning. Rosie refused to go out, went back to bed. The boys went out and I later caught Bogie on my bed, on MY side rubbing himself on my covers trying to dry off. I guess this means, I will not be going back to bed like I was thinking of.

Rosie will be SO happy about 5 this afternoon when her human gets home. She will attach herself to him like glue. But then he has to leave again on Mon and she will be ticked off. Poor Rosie. I'm getting used to it, but I don't think she is.
    But we had company last night. My new friend and her two teenage daughters and of course, they ADORED Rosie and she was fawned over like she expected to be. Waldo also made a big impression, but mostly because of the whole nose in the butt thing.
    And Bogie did all his tricks, so they think all of them are wonderful. But then, all 3 dogs already know that. They just need their adoring public to keep confirming it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment. Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour. When you open the trunk, which one is really happy to see you?

Good one, Unk!
    I've got one brush lover and one that can't stand it. BooBoo would be happy to be brushed pretty much forever, but Rocky hates it so badly that I've decided giving him a monthly bath is less traumatic. He's a much happier kitty since I've quit trying to brush him or pet mim along the spine area.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I finally returned Frosti after two failed attempts and the woman was not looking good. There was a wheelchair beside her chair and her voice was really weak. While I was there a neighbor brought her pizza and asked when she was going back in the hospital and she said, "Next week". I asked if she had plans for Frosti, and she said no. So I told her to call me. Then her daughter (who doesn't live with her) came - I'd guess 8 years old... and Frosti ran under the couch. Daughter was grabbing and trying to pull him out and twice I calmly suggested that she give him a little time to adjust - that she was scaring him. I need another cat like I need a hole in the head, but if he comes back here for the hospital stay, I may not give him back.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread