+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2814996;
    I would, but I hate all the fur coating my tongue.
    Wuss.

I didn't get any of my kitties as babies, but they learn who is the Queen pretty quick.
    I need to get pictures of BooBoos new ricks. She has actually learned to 'go sit' where I'm pointing (ok, it has to be in the general area within 5 feet of me, but still) and wait until I say "stand up" to put her front feet up to beg for a kitty treat. Now I'm working on getting her to 'get on' my stomach, so i can have her stand on her back feet there, like a circus lion on a stool

I don't pick on Rocky with this foolishness, due to his neurological problem. So I guess he can stick with playing baseball, and meowing in time with the stove timer.
    Last edited by queenb; 02-28-2008 at 07:37 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2816202;
    Happy Birthday to Mokie.

Laughing at the electric blanket grunting at someone walking by..
    If we can't find Rosie, we know she's under the covers. You can also tell when the timer has cut the heated pad off too as she will FINALLY get up when the bed gets cold.

This is why I don't make my bed. Because if I do make it, she unmakes it to get under the covers.

The grunting is hysterical. She hates the cold and I always think she is grouching at us because its cold and she has to stay in bed. Such a hard life she leads.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2814837;
    Have I mentioned that Lil Bit has figured out how to open the bedroom door?
    We have two neighbourhood cats who may or may not be strays (one more likely than the other) who have brilliantly deduced how to open the magnetic cat door. One of them, Marty (a tabby named by my across the road neighbour), delicately extends one long claw, hooks the door at the bottom, pulls it out of place and gets her head under it in order to push it completely out of the way. So she apparently comes into the house whenever she pleases during the day while we're at work, chows down, examines everything and leaves. If she comes in while we're home, she does the same thing, but expects us to open the front door for her to leave. We do.

The other, a black and white I've named Lincoln (he has a beard), does we have no idea what, but he can get through the door whether it's locked or unlocked. Unfortunately, he sprays when he comes in, so we close the interior window entirely when we're not home. Sad for the boys, but it's extremely cold out anyway, so they'll just have to nap instead. We're planning on catching Lincoln and taking him to be fixed, but he's extremely skittish and won't be easy to catch.

And the third of our our feline visitors (the fourth being Creamsicle, a lovely, huge, fluffy ginger and white tom) is Mischka, our neighbour's Siamese whom I've mentioned before. Mischka has attained a new and amusing level of imperiousness for a guest cat. She came in the other morning (I let her in before I leave for work sometimes), disappeared somewhere down the other end of the house, immediately came back and let me know that she wanted something. What? I ask, as she sits there staring at me as I use the...facilities. So I open the back door, assuming she wants out. No, she doesn't. I follow her into the kitchen, where there is plenty of kibble in the trough, so it's not food she wants. We head down the hall and I open the front door, which is also not what she's after. I turn around and see her sitting in my studio, staring expectantly at me, and then at the chair. Earlier this week I had brought a huge pile of sewing and assorted fabric into the studio from the living room and just piled it up on the chair for sorting later. Apparently, that was the chair that Mischka wanted to sleep on that day - not one of her other three. I told her to suck it up and make do with one of her other choices. Nervy beast .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Isn't it hilarious how kitties communicate with you exactly what they want, usually by no more than their looks? My kitties aren't very "verbal", so I have learned to rely on the looks. They sit and stare at what they want you to know. They stare at the window when they want to get in it and something is blocking their way, they stare at the sink when they want you to make it drip. The morning shift change, on my bed, is the only time that one of them (Sashay) will "verbally" acknowledge my presence when she arrives to begin her day, but she'll only do it if I am awake. I've got the quietest house in the world, to have 3 critters living here!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's called "how can I get the two legged person to do something for me, without having to expend any energy myself" works everytime as Joey can attest to -- brushing, feed me, clean my box again, I want to go up there but don't want to jump...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2816998;
    It's called "how can I get the two legged person to do something for me, without having to expend any energy myself" works everytime as Joey can attest to -- brushing, feed me, clean my box again, I want to go up there but don't want to jump...
    That is Rosie in a nutshell and my husband babies her, picking her up to put her on the bed when she is perfectly capable of jumping up there herself. Waldo and Bogie cut their eyes at me and the object, then at me and then at the object. Bogie also has a good stare down. He will sit and stare at me like he's trying to tell me something telepathically. This usually involves food.

Also when he begs, he narrows his eyes to stare. We call it "Zen begging"

And you would think we NEVER, EVER, feed them the way they beg so unmercifully.

Oh WE ARE starving..... I get the same thing from the 16 pound Max at Mom & Dads as well as the 61 pound Missy...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Princess knocks on my door with her paws or will sleep right in front of it. When I open the door she runs to the kitchen and sits by her bowl meowing like she's starving to death. Animals are very smart and know we will do whatever they want...hee hee
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2817220;
    Oh WE ARE starving..... I get the same thing from the 16 pound Max at Mom & Dads as well as the 61 pound Missy...
    Oh yeah, they're starving all right. My daughter and I were just commenting that Rosie needs a "foundaton" garment or her coat and sweaters aren't going to fit anymore. She has a "poochy tummy" now.

It's just that human food has to be SO much better than dog food. Waldo begs when I take my medicine! And we go through the same thing every night: "Waldo its a PILL! Trust me, it is NOT food" and from the other side of the bed my husband answers: "But it goes in your mouth, must be food".

Our 3 dogs have taken to giving my kids the "boo boo face" when they get home from school. I'm usually at work so the 3 of them jump on the opportunity to look as emaciated and on their last breath as possible to convince the kids that Momma forgot to feed them. All they need to complete the look are dark glasses and a tin cup. Clara the kitty, on the other hand, has found a new way to amuse herself. She has learned how to slam shut all the doors in the house. I realize that she's probably looking for a moment or two alone away from the dogs but until I put her in her bed in the laundry room for the night, it goes on all day.
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread