+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I spent a pretty penny on a kitty condo for my newest cat and she loved it for the first week or so. Now it just sits there like an old piece of furniture . She is also very needy and clingy at times. And she isn't gentle at all with her claws. She'll come up to me while I'm sitting at the computer desk and reach her paws up to touch my leg, with claws extended. It hurts! And when I say "oww" or "no" well that just makes her want to do it again. She keeps her claws extended quite a bit when she wants attention. I know she's bored but I can't hold her 24/7 and she lets me know she is not happy about that.

I uploaded my Mokie's picture to the Million Dog Mosaic, MissKitty!

His birthday is tomorrow. He'll be 5 years old
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2814532;
    Love the idea of the drinking fountain, though. I think that would go over big here. I wish I could find it locally.
    When I first got Rocky, I got something like that, not exactly the same--at Petsmart or Petco, one or the other.
    I gave it away, though. Rocky really 'could not resist' and kept emptying the whole thing onto the floor with his paw. Same for those bowls you attatch a bottle to. No more moving water in this house
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2814547;
    I spent a pretty penny on a kitty condo for my newest cat and she loved it for the first week or so. Now it just sits there like an old piece of furniture . She is also very needy and clingy at times. And she isn't gentle at all with her claws. She'll come up to me while I'm sitting at the computer desk and reach her paws up to touch my leg, with claws extended. It hurts! And when I say "oww" or "no" well that just makes her want to do it again. She keeps her claws extended quite a bit when she wants attention. I know she's bored but I can't hold her 24/7 and she lets me know she is not happy about that.
    I know how you feel hubby and I got two scratching posts and both of them aren't being used. Try putting catnip on the condo she might use it more.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2814475;
    And, unfortunately, Miss Celie is averse to being held.
    Unacceptable in my house. All of my cat's, even the notoriously terrified Howard, had to submit.

When I get a cat as a kitten I do two things immediately. I force them to stay in my arms until they are comfortable, (READ: resigned) and I regularly turn them over on their backs and nuzzle their tummies. In this way I establish myself as the alpha figure.

I also stroke their bellies from their chest towards their tail. It's something they associate with their mother who does that when they are young. It aids in their digestive process.

Within weeks, everyone in the house knows who's boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2814513;
    I've had to lock them out of my room at night so I can get some sleep.
    Have I mentioned that Lil Bit has figured out how to open the bedroom door? I have to lock the door to keep her out. I didn't get Lil Bit until the original owner and my mom had allowed her to establish some very bad habits.

I also stroke their bellies from their chest towards their tail. It's something they associate with their mother who does that when they are young.
    Do you also carry by them by the scruff of the neck with your teeth?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2814978;
    Do you also carry by them by the scruff of the neck with your teeth?
    I would, but I hate all the fur coating my tongue.

Henry thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! He had a great day! He's looking forward to some ham this weekend and he will probably just be snoozin' under what he considers HIS electric blanket until then.

Superbrat - happy birthday to Mokie!

Miss Kitty - Simon and Henry both now have their pictures on the Pedrigree Mosaic. Thanks so much for posting that link.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Happy Birthday to Mokie.

Glad Henry is warm. He and Rosie are both electric blanket lovers. If she is under the covers and I walk by, sometimes the covers grunt at me. It's so funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Happy Birthday to Mokie.

Laughing at the electric blanket grunting at someone walking by..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread