+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

prhoshay: I can't believe no-one came! I make any noise in the kitchen and everyone now arrives, look up at me with big eyes, waiting for something good to eat.

veejer: Birdies are so nice to watch. I'm glad you have feeders! It's hard to find a good meal when it snows.

gabriel: Joey may be just slowing down as there's no need to get their first. He knows the food will be there when he arrives.

doxie: Happy Birthday to Mr. Henry! I hope you all have a great day celebrating!

prhoshay: Your kitty knows that the more time she spends with you, the less allergic you will become! Either that or you are just too cuddly to resist in bed!
    --------------

Miss Lexi will be appearing for the 2nd time in our Pet Rescue Magazine! She has been chosen as pet of the month for their article Happy Tails which follows up on fostered pets. I got to write the story and they are using one of my photos. Mr. Tootles was published in our city Journal with his vets last year. As her agent, I am working on Miss Kitty's career. However, her general shyness and hatred for celebrity and the paparazzi is making it difficult.

(does anyone know how to post a pdf file?)
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2814351
    [B
    prhoshay:[/B] Your kitty knows that the more time she spends with you, the less allergic you will become! Either that or you are just too cuddly to resist in bed!
    --------------

Miss Lexi will be appearing for the 2nd time in our Pet Rescue Magazine! She has been chosen as pet of the month for their article Happy Tails which follows up on fostered pets. I got to write the story and they are using one of my photos. Mr. Tootles was published in our city Journal with his vets last year. As her agent, I am working on Miss Kitty's career. However, her general shyness and hatred for celebrity and the paparazzi is making it difficult.

(does anyone know how to post a pdf file?)

OK what is with you raising these superstar babies? Everybody is getting press!

About my annoying kitty, Miss Celie, she has this habit of getting on the bed, onto my stomach, and trying to inch her way upward, toward my chin....like I don't notice that she's closing in. She pushes forward, and I push back. We stare into each other's eyes, until I start giggling....at which point, I'm at the end of my rope. She is making me NUTZ!!!!

If I'm lying on my side, she walks along me until she gets to my shoulder, where she sits and stares/glares down at my face until she finds something more interesting to do. She reminds me of Snoopy when he pretends to be the vulture in the tree.

Shift change on my bed is nooo fun.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2814430;
    OK what is with you raising these superstar babies? Everybody is getting press!(
    True, but it's free press. No appearance dividends yet.

Lexi does what Snowy did and Miss Celie do. They both love to be up by my face, see that I am breathing, and look at me. Lexi is so cute; she actually kneads my chest and face (with her nails) and sucks on a particular sweater as if I were her mom and she was getting a milk break. She purrs until she literally falls asleep and conks out. Then I don't even want to move for fear of waking her up. Even if the phone rings or I am watching tv and want to change channels. Lord, I can't disrupt the little angel when she is so content and peaceful.

Sigh. Maybe that's why it's hard to get anything done in this house!

Important opportunity for Dog Lovers: Pedigree¨ - Million Dog Mosaic

This is posted by Pedigree - Million Dollar Dog Mosaic

Here's your dog's chance to help us help dogs: We'll make a $1 donation* to The PEDIGREE® Adoption Drive for every dog photo that's uploaded to the mosaic.

- Add a dog. Upload your favorite dog photo today. To help you find your shot in the mosaic, we'll send you a search code. Then, for a little face time with your dog, simply enter the code and—zoom—you're there.

- Tell a friend.

- Share the mosaic with other dog lovers. Just give us their email addresses and we'll make a donation for every photo they upload.
    * Maximum donation amount: $20,000.

This is totally cool. I wish there was a Mosaic for a million kitties!

Has anyone posted their doggies there?!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2814430;
    If I'm lying on my side, she walks along me until she gets to my shoulder, where she sits and stares/glares down at my face until she finds something more interesting to do. She reminds me of Snoopy when he pretends to be the vulture in the tree.
    I love, love, love when they do that. My two current boys don't do that, but some of our earlier boys did, and it actually would get me out of bed because I was laughing so hard. I find their insistence on being fed in a timely manner endearing.

You will probably be envious of my success in training Finley in the morning. When we first got him, he would aggravate me non-stop, trying to get the bowls filled and the window opened. I absolutely refused to get out of bed when he was doing that (late for work a couple of times, I was), but would push him down into a cuddling position, wait until he settled down and then get up. He does that every morning now - curls up beside me, purrs contentedly and waits patiently. Such a good boy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Unfortunately, this "vulture in the tree" position is not food related. It's strictly "mommy" related...like she's trying to send me telepathy. The food dish is full.

And, unfortunately, Miss Celie is averse to being held. I'm hoping that will change with age. It's almost like a panic. She will actually pass gas. Makes me wonder what she'd been through before I got her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rattus: Finlay is such a good kitty!

prhoshay: I'm sorry that Miss Celie doesn't like being held. Gracie isn't much of a lover of being held, but she does like to be around me and cuddle up. Hates being held or enclosed in anything though.

Attachment 23538
    I just bought the New Cat It Drinking Fountain at the pet store. And it was on sale! It's wonderful! It's smaller than the original fountain, takes less space, is super quiet and easy to fill! Lexi was the first kitty to figure it out. Then I saw Mr. Tootles drink from it last night. Miss Gracie, however, isn't sure what it is yet. Either that, or she's sneaky! Good for small dogs too! I would highly recommend it.

*** NEW IN ***
    The new CATIT Fresh and Clear Drinking Fountain provides a constant source of fresh, cool, moving water that cats simply can't resist! The constant movement oxygenates the water for a fresher, cooler taste. With a diamter of only 21cm the Fresh and Clear Fountain will fit into any kitchen and the ultra quiet motor means that you will hardly notice it is there. Uses less than 4W of electricity making it very cost effective.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:23 PM.

The boys have decided that it's time to play when I get in bed. I've had to lock them out of my room at night so I can get some sleep. I'm in bed and the Catiapolis 500 starts. Over the bed, out the door, down the steps, up the steps under the bed, over the bed, etc. Stupid cats.

Attachment 23539

This cat tunnel is on sale at Jysk for $9.98. It comes in 3 color combinations; black and white, red and grey, and blue and yellow. I bought one (couldnt' resist) for the kitties.

When I was undoing the tunnel, one of the ties got knotted, so it's in the shape of a half-moon. Well worth the investment. It has two windows, two hanging balls inside and crinkly noisy sides. Lexi manouvers in it very well. And Mr. Tootles managed to get inside and wouldn't come out. It was priceless. I took a video. Lexi kept attacking Mr. Tootles and jumping all over him. Miss Gracie is unsure of what it is exactly but enjoyed watching the other two play in it last night for more than half an hour!

It folds up to store easily, and can be used outside too! (made of polyvinyl)

Unk: Let the boys play! It's great exercise and you love Nascar! Just assign them colors, numbers and sponsors. And take a sleeping pill!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:23 PM.

My gurls couldn't give less than a hoot about the tunnels that we have had for about 5 years. The most action it got was one of the running, at warp speed, from one end to the other, like something was after her; they won't even go in it if I sprinkle catnip inside them. I'm sticking with boxes (for the price factor) and catnip. Oh, and a laser pen.

Love the idea of the drinking fountain, though. I think that would go over big here. I wish I could find it locally.

+ Reply to Thread