+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

misskitty, want to trade?

MRD

Miss Kitty, Lexi has grown so much! Wow. What a cutie. Waldo tries to climb tries after the squirrels. It's funny to watch as he can jump pretty high.

Gabriel, he has a special place in his heart for you as well.

I know I don't post much about Rosie and Bogie and they are special in their own way, but they just do not do all the crazy things Waldo does and he really has stolen everyone's hearts. I can't believe anyone would have wanted to hurt this dog. He is so happy and loving and I am just baffled as to why people couldn't see that in him.

He has gotten a lot more secure with us and he is a very lucky dog. yup, yup, yup.

But we're lucky too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Help!!!

My husband HAD to get a toy fox terrier from the pound. We've now had her 5 months and it seems she has become UNhouse-broken.

We've tried both leaving her in her crate while we are gone OR leaving her and the other dog gated in the kitchen. The gating in the kitchen worked a little better, until she chewed her way out. In the past 24 hours, she has peed in her crate twice, peed on my son's homework (what a twist on the whole "my dog ate my homework"); pooped in the bathroom twice (once while The Husband was cleaning her cage), and I this morning I found that while she was out yesterday after her escape she had jumped up on the fireplace and peed on it.

I am LITERALLY at my wits' end. We've tried taking her out and standing with her. We even bought her a coat and a sweater (she ate them) because she hates the cold. I know she can hold it eight+ hours because she will do it at night if she's in our bed.

Please help. The dog is very entertaining, but I can't have this.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

Have her checked for a urinary tract infection and/or kidney problems.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Get her to the vet. Sounds like urinary tract infection.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2806182;
    Get her to the vet. Sounds like urinary tract infection.
    That was my first thought too. Something not right in her potty situation.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks! I'll have The Husband take her for a check-up.

I honestly think the biggest problem is she hates being outside if it's raining or cold. She weighs a whopping 7-pounds with no body fat whatsoever.

It's been so bad the past 2 months we've thought about trying to litter-box train her. She's WAY smaller than most cats. But it makes more sense to have her checked out by the vet and proceed from there.

Also, I'm wondering if I should somehow give her LESS room in her crate. When she is curled up asleep in it, she takes up only about 1/3 the room. But any shorter crate we looked at wasn't tall enough- she's very long-legged for how little she is.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chickngirl;2806246;
    It's been so bad the past 2 months we've thought about trying to litter-box train her.
    I know an elder lady who has her small dog litter box trained. It's great for her. If I had a little dog I'd do it also if for no other reason than the convenience.

Rosie, Waldo is such a cute dog! Congrats on your accomplishments with him and I wish you guys all the best!

Chickngirl, I have had many customers that have litter trained their dogs with much success. Purina makes a product called Second Nature that has an attractant in it and is made from recycled newspaper. Dogs seem to respond to it very well. I would have your husband definitely discuss this with your vet as an option for you guys.
    Good luck and I hope your little one is ok .

My friend has little dogs and uses those pee-pee pads all over her home because they don't go outside. It has that same smell that attracts them to the pad to go.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread