+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1139Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

myrosiedog: Big hugs to the big lug on his special day today!! And big hugs to his mom and family who were kind and patient and knew he was a sweetheart even when it didn't show.

Yay Waldo!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Thank you all. You're kind words mean a lot. I can't imagine life without him now although it wasn't so easy at first.

But I'm telling you that a LOT of love does go a long way with an abused animal. And not many people would have put up with some of his stunts. But he's been a great dog and we're happy to have him and I hope we have him for a long time.

prhoshay, I liked what you said about him being born again into our family.

He's a lucky dog and he knows it. But we're a lucky family to have him in our life and we know it too. Pets enrich our lives so much. I have always kind of mistrusted people that tell me they aren't "pet" people. Then I feel sorry for them, because they miss out on all that unconditional love, the entertainment, the companionship, the yak on the carpet.... Nothing will ever love you like a dog. And I know many of you are cat people and I know kitties are great and kitties love you, but as Gabriel puts it, they think of us as staff. Dogs think of us as the most important person in their world. You just can't beat that!

Bogie and Rosie may not exactly share that sentiment that we're lucky to have him, but even they've gotten used to him.

Our lives are richer for having Waldo (and Rosie and Bogie). He truly is a special boy and one of those once in a lifetime dogs. There is certainly no other goofball like him, I'm telling you!

And he's taught us a lot:
    Always be happy. Always be glad to see those you love, don't miss an opportunity to take a nap, eat a variety of foods, don't let your size limit you to what you can do. Who cares if you are too big to sit on laps, try it anyway. Find joy in simple things (like playing with sticks) and try to lick as many people as you can. Be full of surprises (like sticking your nose up someone's backside. Everyone needs a goose to get the blood flowing sometimes. ), always be ready for anything (you never know when someone will drop taco meat on the floor). Get plenty of exercise (that's why God made squirrels to chase). Drink lots of water (and then drool it all over the kitchen floor-hey someone needs to mop around here!) and its a good thing to have carpet and furniture the same color as the dog so the shedding doesn't show. Be exuberant, its contagious. No trashcan is off limits-you never know when you might find a real treasure.
    Dance and whistle. Both will make you happy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Dogs do have that unconditional love thing even if people abuse them unfortunately. I see the love from my friends here and from my Mom & Dads Missy the Bassett Hound. Those if us with cats do see it also if you look into their eyes while they are laying on their back in the DCP - - - TOTAL Trust. I see it with Joey, the total trust and innocence, I see it in Missy, I see it in their Max, I see it in Waldos pictures, Rosie and Bogie too, look at all of our others Greta, Ella, Lil bit, Henry, oh I better stop because I am naming everyone, and I don't want anyone to feel left out.

Remember to look into those eyes people - That look of total trust and innocence that we have been entrusted with to care for.. All of you here are special, but even more are the ones who do rescue and take in abused critters. A THANK YOU from me.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Was that why every one was off on Monday? National Waldo Day?

Happy Anniversary to Waldo! myrosie, you have the patience of a saint. I remember saying I don't know if I could deal with all the issues he had, as well as having two other dogs already to think about. But you stuck with him and saw him through his trials and tribulations and he has come out a better pet for it. You and Waldo both taught me about not giving up so easily and that every pet deserves a chance. Thank you! I hope he has many more years of love and happiness with his new family.

*voiceover of Waldo running around* I'm A lucky Dog, Lucky Dog, Lucky Dog - Now I have a big ego big ego big ego - yup yup yup....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2803502;
    And he's taught us a lot:
    Always be happy. Always be glad to see those you love, don't miss an opportunity to take a nap, eat a variety of foods, don't let your size limit you to what you can do. Who cares if you are too big to sit on laps, try it anyway. Find joy in simple things (like playing with sticks) and try to lick as many people as you can. Be full of surprises (like sticking your nose up someone's backside. Everyone needs a goose to get the blood flowing sometimes. ), always be ready for anything (you never know when someone will drop taco meat on the floor). Get plenty of exercise (that's why God made squirrels to chase). Drink lots of water (and then drool it all over the kitchen floor-hey someone needs to mop around here!) and its a good thing to have carpet and furniture the same color as the dog so the shedding doesn't show. Be exuberant, its contagious. No trashcan is off limits-you never know when you might find a real treasure.
    Dance and whistle. Both will make you happy.
    Darned great advice, I'd say!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Whoever said dogs were dumb animals? They're a whole lot smarter than a lot of people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2803688;
    Was that why every one was off on Monday? National Waldo Day?
    Uncle David, you mean you missed all the partying? Better luck next time! That Waldo knows how to have a good time.
    Lucky Waldo, finding the home where was probably supposed to be all along.

I feel the same way about my 'special' Rocky kitty, and the Waldo anniversary reminded me that I got Rocky last February also--checking his file, it was the 19th. He was kind of a hambone anyway so far as posing and looking pretty goes, but now he really is my buddy. (Sorry, no "staff" here. Just co-royalty ) I don't think anyone had tried to work with him much before, but he's really warmed up.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2803719;
    Happy Anniversary to Waldo! myrosie, you have the patience of a saint. I remember saying I don't know if I could deal with all the issues he had, as well as having two other dogs already to think about. But you stuck with him and saw him through his trials and tribulations and he has come out a better pet for it. You and Waldo both taught me about not giving up so easily and that every pet deserves a chance. Thank you! I hope he has many more years of love and happiness with his new family.
    Archie, that makes me have tears in my eyes.

I have no patience, but the dog just won us over and it is impossible to stay mad at him. I think that mostly being in a house with a lot of love and attention have done more for him than anything else. And he doesn't get yelled at or smacked and he knows that now (and probably uses it. )

All he has to do is look at me with that goofy face and head butt my hand and I melt.

Yep, Uncle David, Mon was National Waldo Day.

OK, ready for another Waldo adventure? This one takes the cake. Literally.

My daughter made cupcakes last night and we put a candle in one and were singing "Happy Waldo Day to you" and the candle was lit. I was holding it. We get halfway through the song and he opens up that huge mouth and gulps the cake, taking it right out of my hand with NO warning whatsoever. Fortunately the gulp coincided with him exhaling because it did blow the candle out as it disappeared in his mouth. He ate the cupcake, candle, cupcake paper and all. We were all just literally standing there with our mouths open at what he did. The singing just stopped as we stared at him. My daughter was freaking out about the candle, but I saw the flame go out just a split second before it disappeared into that yawning gulf of a mouth. None of us could believe it. He wanted his cake and didnt' want to wait for the singing I guess.
    And of course the other two look at me like two small children: "UH, that's NOT fair", so they got to split one of the other cupcakes.

Waldo on the other hand was happy as a clam, had no clue he had made a faux "paw" by not waiting for the end of the song and then eating candle, cake and paper.

Ya knew he HAD to do something on his special day to make it any more special.

Gabriel, you capture him so beautifully. When I read your posts like that, its like you are inside his head.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-21-2008 at 09:27 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread