+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2801179;
    I have a flock of cedar waxwings in my yard, dining on last year's crab apples!!!!!
    Well, I don't have anything that gorgeous, but here's what we DO have roosting here every night...

This is only one of many trees full of black vultures that roost in my neighborhood every year. It's pretty wild to see them coming in from every direction every night--I've counted as high as 120 before stopping. I think it's neat, but am glad I don't have any of the big hardwoods they like in my yard. And yes, I did make sure to stay under cover while counting! I've found out they can range over 200 miles away from here per day looking for food (obviously, soaring, not flapping the whole time)

There's a State park in South GA where one of the attractions is not hundreds but thousands of these guys roosting every night.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

That's neat queenb! We used to have a lot of vultures where we used to live and my husband would always look at me and ask me if I felt okay when they were circling our yard

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2801575;
    My sweetie's brother's family just adopted a mini-dachschund. Her name is Willow, and she's only 9 weeks old.
    Willow is adorable! Maybe she's one of Henry's distant cousins.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Well one year ago today, the big lug came into our lives. We were talking last night what a difference a year makes.

He no longer paces which he did constantly the first 2 months. He sleeps through the night. He doesn't poop in the house anymore, he is no longer anxious/nervous around us. He comes back when called. He doesn't run off anymore, he's comfortable enough to get on the furniture. He comes to you when he wants loving instead of us having to coax him. We dont' have to coax him for anything and before it was constant coaxing because he was scared. He no longer has separation anxiety. He doesn't chew things except his own toys now.

We still deal with the car anxiety/sickness issue and he still wants to stick his nose in your backside, but at least he's not doing it as badly as he was.

He is just a very happy and loving and loved dog who has turned into a great addition to the family. Amazing what love and a year can do.

The other 2 just tolerate him still. But at least they all seem to get along fairly well. We are no longer in open hostilities anymore. Rosie still has a firm hand on him, but he just ignores it most of the time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Happy anniversary, Waldo! God was smiling at you when he brought you to your new home one year ago. You better be grateful!!!

Happy Anniversary Waldo! -- Both you and your family are indeed blessed to have found each other.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

He still wants to stick his nose in your backside, but at least he's not doing it as badly as he was.
    Practice makes perfect! Happy Waldo Day!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Happy Anniversary Waldo!

Yea Waldo!! Good to know he's settled in and loves you as you love him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess we could call this Waldo's second birthday....experience-wise He came into the world on his first one and was, in effect, born again into your loving family, mrd. He's obviously living a whole other lifestyle and is now very good at it! Yay, Waldo!!! It's been fun to "watch" step-by-step his experiences and progress. Thanks for sharing him, mrd!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread